First day of school

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: First day of school

Unread postby RC611V » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 pm

He said 'can't ask for it later'.

He didn't say 'non-modifiable'.

There is a difference.

And I'm rolling in the mud with the pigs.
Only chicky dudes cook and clean and go with their kids to all their appointments.
RC611V
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:53 pm

:roll:
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos

Unread postby massdad1234 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:21 pm

Salty chaos!! :lol: :lol:
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby steelmark » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:38 pm

From many years on these boards, it’s my understanding that the child support agency could care less what parents agree to in a divorce decree. I have not personally experienced a support issue after agreeing to zero in the decree.

What the support agency cares about is the formula set forth in their particular state. X amount of funds go to the kids and that’s what the support agency is there for. They don’t care if you agreed to zero or didn’t ask initially.

I agreed to zero child support, even though I’m entitled to receive it during my spousal support period. As I understand it, I could waltz into the support agency, run the numbers, and start receiving payments.

I have more custody % on equal incomes, I’m entitled to support. I agreed to zero to get the case finished, what I gave up was a lower cost than a trial.

So, as I understand it, it doesn’t matter if you ask today or not, the support agency is independent of your decree or the court.

Vets, chime in.
Prepare and execute to win by a thousand miles, just to be in position to win by an inch.
steelmark
1K+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:44 pm

Who cares.

He didn't propose equal parenting time, public school or educational decision making.

He's not listening to you.
a dad

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:42 am

If you accept less than the guideline amount of CS at the time you'll have to wait 36 months before being able to modify it.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:02 pm

OP - if I were you, I would tell your lawyer to update things to include the below in your control
a dad wrote:propose equal parenting time, public school or educational decision making.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby mgtowthatish » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:18 am

scoutdad wrote:The sad part is this is a great small school. The teachers and kids were all so excited to have them. They know kids there already. They were getting desks and lockers ready for them. We had fun meeting everyone. I actually left without them crying which was huge. Of course mom will tell them, why spend all day at school when you can spend 3 hours at home and then play video games the rest of the day.

I would take them to school regardless of what happens. If your STBX takes them out of school, then so be it. You both have inherent legal custody on all matters regarding your children. She is the one appearing to be unreasonable in this process, not you.

I would also email your STBX stating that the kids being out of homeschool will allow her to seek employment opportunities. Keep all communication in writing, and actually attempt to help her. Find resume writing courses and tell her you'll pay for them. In this day and age, she cannot expect for you to foot the bill while she stays home.
"Begin fashioning a life she will covet and will never have"
mgtowthatish
50+ Posts

Unread postby MegaDad » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:55 am

After all her < feces-like > behavior towards you and the kids, you want to try and work it out?

I mean I guess I can understand.....sort of. You want to be able to look back and know you did everything you could to try and fix the marriage. I remember the feeling.

Do not withdraw the suit, do not. You can withdraw it anytime, literally before you walk into the courtroom if it came to that. If things do not work out however it's much better to have this in motion vs. starting all over again.
MegaDad
500+ Posts

Unread postby futureisbright » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:34 am

Be strong ScoutDad, you're doing the right thing and the kids will appreciate it and be better for it in the long run. It took me a few years to get up the gonads to break free from a similarly unreasonable Ex (STBX) and I can tell you that my only regret is not doing it sooner. I've also just started and of course have entertained 2nd thoughts but I will be strong too.
futureisbright
First Post

PreviousNext

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum