So we are going to pretend like outage never happened?

This is a place where members can make suggestions about forum features, get feedback from other forum members on those suggestions, or ask questions about technical issues relating to their use of the forums.

Re: So we are going to pretend like outage never happened?

Unread postby Havalu7 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:06 am

The new guy with a very impressive post on gratitude.

No cell coverage over the weekend up in the Sierra's!

Greatful for the site and Data reminded me I don't think I put in my "Thank you" to
the parent provider of this forum.
"No." is a complete sentence.

Do not move out of your house.
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:23 am

I hope he starts posting in other people's threads on the regular. I've got a feeling that one's a deep well.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:40 am

Well he's an android, so he doesn't need sleep. That's the same Data, right? [Rhet.]
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby Data » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:19 pm

Lol...you guys are great. I guess years of just taking in life and keeping my opinions to myself. Yes, I'll post when I have an opinion I believe is valid or not yet mentioned. Waiting to get through the entire process to help first timers with 'if I could do over' or 'what I would do different' advice. I want to take it all in and post in a limited capacity until I have a better grasp, so maybe once I'm done. No kids in my divorce so limited in that respect. This truly is a magnificent site. I really needed Bart and the others to slap some sense into me and the stubborn out. I DO plan on staying a while even afterwards to help out when and where I can.
Data
50+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:09 am

I took the outage as a test, can I continue to apply the learnings without a safety net? It forced me to analyze things without the benefit of instant gratification. Would an explanation be nice? Sure, but I'm just as happy it's back up. I can see how for some, having the safety net offline was impactful maybe even detrimental.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:10 pm

We got an explanation.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
2.5K+ Posts

Previous

Return to Forum Suggestions