Expanded Standard Possession question....

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Expanded Standard Possession question....

Postby DaddyBall » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:51 am

Texas Expanded Standard...

Per decree, bio gets 1 weekend during my 30 days and 1 weekend outside my 30 days during the summer.

She has chose to take the last weekend, which is the last 2 days, of my 30 day possession.

Do I have to be home for her to pick up kiddo?

Or can I be on vacation at a different location, knowing she can still pick kiddo up wherever we are at?

The decree doesn't address this as far as I have been able to tell.
DaddyBall
50+ Posts

Re: Expanded Standard Possession question....

Postby Thoughts? » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:18 pm

Believe the boilerplate statute wording in TX states that she shall retrieve the children & return them "from their location" or some neutral wording, instead of "from your residence" or "school." I believe this nuance in the wording was put in there exactly for this very reason. However, if one were to, say, drive out of town to make it more difficult for her to do the pickup, I ahve also seen that wording pulled out & made to a specific location.

Hope this helps, but deep dive in your wording for that nuance or something like it.
The board is the sum of all of your great posts...Help divorced men be great dads! Divorce help in a father friendly divorce forum....more tips on how to deal with your divorce at DadsDivorce.com
Thoughts?

Postby jumbledone » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:24 pm

Maybe off topic a bit, but I would have an issue if Dad had made plans already and paid for a vacation, after a while waiting for NJ to make up her mind on what weekend. So, really, was this a last minute declaration of what weekend she was picking? Or is this a last minute out of town vacation planned by you?

I get the feeling one or both of you are acting out of spite and/or malice.
The meaning of life is Happiness. What makes you happy? - Dalai Lama

For a more peaceful life, live the serenity prayer.

It's like he never existed - FoF
jumbledone
5K+ posts

Postby KeepingMyKids » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:01 pm

I'm trying to remember that for her to exercise those two days she has to inform you before a certain date WELL in advance, like middle of April. I'll dig out my decree and see what the boilerplate wording is on that.
"Your problem is you shook a wh0re tree and expected an angel to drop out."
KeepingMyKids
500+ Posts

Postby KeepingMyKids » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:08 pm

capslock wrote:CP has to notify NCP by April 16 for the 2 days within NCP's extended summer vacation...otherwise, cusptodial parent does not get those 2 days.

The OTHER 2 days CP gets which are outside NCP's extended summer < parenting time > only need a 2 week notice.

+1 Just found it in my papers, April 15th. Which sucks for me because I completely forgot about it until too late.
"Your problem is you shook a wh0re tree and expected an angel to drop out."
KeepingMyKids
500+ Posts

Postby DaddyBall » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:51 pm

KeepingMyKids wrote:I'm trying to remember that for her to exercise those two days she has to inform you before a certain date WELL in advance, like middle of April. I'll dig out my decree and see what the boilerplate wording is on that.

This is correct.

In my case, I declared my time...on time. Chosing the dates for for a specific reason.

She chose her dates on time as well. Unfortunately for me it conflicted with what I had planned long ago.

I'm just wondering if I have to be home for her to pick him up, or can I be where I had planned on being.

We do not communicate well. So it's not a situation where I could have called her prior explaining the situation.

Nor will any conversation about this particular issue help in the immediate situation.

Simply, I just want to do what the decree allows and not deal with her BS.
DaddyBall
50+ Posts

Postby Thoughts? » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Maybe off topic a bit, but I would have an issue if Dad had made plans already and paid for a vacation, after a while waiting for NJ to make up her mind on what weekend. So, really, was this a last minute declaration of what weekend she was picking? Or is this a last minute out of town vacation planned by you?

I get the feeling one or both of you are acting out of spite and/or malice.

Re-read my original post. He does not need this added drama. She picks the kids up from him. If he had vacation plans made, she goes to his location. From current statutes 153.312:

(3) if the managing conservator gives the possessory conservator written notice by April 15 of each year, the managing conservator shall have possession of the child on any one weekend beginning Friday at 6 p.m. and ending at 6 p.m. on the following Sunday during one period of possession by the possessory conservator under Subdivision (2), provided that the managing conservator picks up the child from the possessory conservator and returns the child to that same place; and

If he doesn't, he doesn't. Those word nuances were put in there for exactly this reason -- his buying tickets or travelling long distance, and her insisting on time out of spite. If she does so to disrupt his complex or expensive plans, she has to fly there to do so. It is a dis-incentive to play games.
The board is the sum of all of your great posts...Help divorced men be great dads! Divorce help in a father friendly divorce forum....more tips on how to deal with your divorce at DadsDivorce.com
Thoughts?

Postby Thoughts? » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:46 pm

So "bite the weenie" caps? You've just added to board lexicon!
Thoughts?

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On