I did what I had to do

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: I did what I had to do

Postby keko » Wed May 30, 2012 9:27 pm

Where is your son's passport?

Expect your son to have an attitude upon his return, he'll be fed with lies to make you the bad guy.
keko
10+ Posts

Postby Gator » Wed May 30, 2012 10:13 pm

He has no passport. He cannot leave the country. I have his birth certificate, he cannot get a passport.

As for the attitude, I would rather him live with me and receive a proper upbringing and learn honor, integrity and duty, and be a bad boy with his mother, than live with her and learn to be a dirtbag and only be with me occasionally. Dealing with him being gone for a weekend is much easier than the reverse.
Gator
10+ Posts

Postby ProudParent » Thu May 31, 2012 9:46 am

Birth Certificates can easily be obtained by her at the courthouse. I wouldn't feel safe sending him.
ProudParent
10+ Posts

Postby Gator » Thu May 31, 2012 9:28 pm

I don't feel safe. However, my attorney knows about the dual citizenship and advised it anyway. She still can't get down to Colombia without a passport, though.
Gator
10+ Posts

Postby Gator » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Well folks, the tme is here. The petition for divorce has filed and my STBX has shown her teeth. She is ready for a fight. Her attorney sent me a request for all the financial documents for the past 6 years. The good thing about that, is that I have them. The better thing about that is that my wife has to produce the same thing. Doing so will show the times she took OM3 out on dates when I was deployed to Iraq. Yay! This is going to be fun. THis is going to be painful for me, but humiliating for her.
Some of the questions were also tailored to my bad habits. See, I like tequila and burbon. I go through a bottle of each every two weeks or so. I'll have a few drinks a few nights a week, and certainly on the weekends. However, I generally do it AFTER my son goes to bed, and ALWAYS in the comfort of my own home, and NEVER to the point of becoming fall down drunk. I drink responsibly. I don't get violent, I don't become abusive. I usually become very...amorous...if you catch my meaning.

When we first seperated, she told me I could make this as easy or as hard as I wanted it to be. Well, after this, I can see that I should have been saying this to her. She's going to make it very hard on herself.

Oh, and I think I met her boyfriend too. He would have been the 6'5", 250 LB dude staring me down when I went to pick my son up on Sunday. I was almost tempted to point at my STBX and say "yeah, I've tapped that".

However, I am going to take the high road on this. I'll let her step in the mess she made first. Then, I'll just let the judge know just how filthy that mess is.

Best of luck Mrs Gator...best of luck.
Gator
10+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:21 pm

I think you may be overestimating the 'humiliation' factor. She's married and dating. She doesn't care.

The courts don't either.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain
Fatheroffour

Postby Gator » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:23 pm

Well, there goes the one happy thought I had for the day.
Gator
10+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:23 pm

Sorry, but it's best to be realistic.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain
Fatheroffour

Postby Trevor » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:25 pm

Six years is a bit of a stretch. And make sure you instruct your lawyer to exchange the discovery docs, not hand them over unilaterally. If she produces 2 years of stuff, do the same thing.

And four bottles of booze a month is a habit you'd be wise to cut out until the divorce papers are finalized. It will be used against you and you can protest all day long about how it's legal and you never get drunk and it's always after the kids are in bed blah blah blah. The.judge.will.not.hear.you. Make no mistake, it will cause you real trouble.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Postby Gator » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Well, drinking is out. I went 13 months without it in Afghanistan. I have only been back a month. I guess it is time to let that one go.
Gator
10+ Posts

Previous Next

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum