Gotta love Technology.

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Gotta love Technology.

Postby Texasdad2 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:36 pm

Just began using this on Friday, but very happy with the results, so figured I would pass it along. My Stbx has been playing "hide the kid", when I show up. This has happened yet again this weekend, so I'm going to be in court on Tuesday morning and you can never have enough evidence right? I have not seen S4 in nearly two weeks as a result of this behavior, so each day on my way to the hotel, I stop by and drop off a little note and inexpensive toy by the front door. ( It's just my way of letting him know that I've not left him.) On Thursday, I dropped off a "Special" stuffed animal and very pleased with the results. You see, our instructions not only indicated times of possession but mandated he reside at the marital residence. STBX has a habit of dragging him all over town to sleep depending on what she has planned the next day......unfortunately the "Special" teddy bear now let's me know his location and sends text messages when he is not home by 10:00 p.m. It's been great over this short period and battery is saved by remaining off until movement triggers it. Here's a snapshot of last night past midnight.

Texasdad2
100+ Posts

Re: Gotta love Technology.

Postby Texasdad2 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:37 pm

Forgot to add last nights location was 60 miles from home.
Texasdad2
100+ Posts

Postby nighthawk » Sun May 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Not for nothing, but, I believe this to be highly illegal.You can not place a tracking device on anyone without their knowledge!
"I'll never give up trying to help my little girl!!"
nighthawk
1K+ Posts

Postby nighthawk » Sun May 27, 2012 9:10 pm

I think they call this stalking!
nighthawk
1K+ Posts

Postby nighthawk » Sun May 27, 2012 9:15 pm

Even if you want to argue that point, I would just say, I thru the bear under a truck and it hung in the truck frame, I don't doubt anywhere it shows up!
nighthawk
1K+ Posts

Postby defaultuser » Sun May 27, 2012 9:17 pm

If I were you, I'd consult with my attorney on this. If you think this will help, you may get really hurt by it.

You may find that the information you obtain is very useful in letting a private investigator know where your kid is, so they can document it. You can use that in court, but this will probably get you into trouble.

I believe in what you're doing, but be careful about this in court...
The List
Read it.
defaultuser

Postby Fatheroffour » Sun May 27, 2012 9:19 pm

Whether it's illegal or not really isn't the issue. The same technology is used with smart phones, laptops and other digital technology. The issue is how to best utilize the information to your advantage. For that, you should consult with your attorney.

For instance, instead of using the GPS devices data as evidence, it might be wise, legally prudent and provide better evidence if you can tell your PI exactly when and wear to go to provide you with live eyewitness testimony. It could also save you a ton of fees by making the PI highly effecient.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby Thoughts? » Mon May 28, 2012 1:30 am

Talk to your lawyer before you go into court with this.
The board is the sum of all of your great posts...Help divorced men be great dads! Divorce help in a father friendly divorce forum....more tips on how to deal with your divorce at DadsDivorce.com
Thoughts?

Postby demurrer » Mon May 28, 2012 5:53 pm

I loaned S8 an iPad to accomplish the same thing. As far as I know I'm allowed to track the locations of assets I own.

I have no plans of using this information in court. It's a money saver for a PI.

This weekend my iPad was out of state staying overnight at a non-family residence.
My nj/stbx cost me around USD 8,000 per fornication session.

My nj/stbx had this in mind (and still does) for me: the manipulated man by Esther Vilar

"Husband pays" quote from my stbx
demurrer
50+ Posts

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum