Summer Plans ?

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Summer Plans ?

Postby RC411V » Wed May 23, 2012 11:59 am

Nice FoF, hope it's a good trip. Kinda same for me, haven't been on a real vacation of at least a week or so for several years. Hope to have the D done this year, hopefully keeping more of my money over the next year or two and build back up my leave time at work after all the court dates, then I can take a long trip, somewhere we've never been and a place we can all relax and have fun away from home.
Limits or opportunities?

Every time you start to act like a girl, ask yourself 'What would John Wayne do?'

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Postby jamessick » Wed May 23, 2012 12:19 pm

chereeda wrote:Anyone been to Fiesta World in San Antonio? Looking to take the kids to their first amusement park this summer and we'll be visiting people in central Texas. I've been to Six Flags in Arlington, and like that park, was wondering how Fiesta World compares? Looking for roller coaster action...

donna

I live in San Antonio. Fiesta TX is great, though way too much sun for my taste. The rides are cool though. Waterpark inside is huge and has stuff for all ages including the wave pool.

There is also Natural Bridge Caverns just north of San Antonio like someone mentioned, but the cost is a little high I think. There is a nature park in the same area as the caverns with exotic animals, but its just not worth the price.

PM me if you want some other ideas.
I am a dad. It is not a simple title, nor a professional position. It is a aggressively defended FACT!
jamessick
1K+ Posts

Postby chereeda » Wed May 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Schlitterbahn!!!! Went to college in Austin, how could I forget about Schlitterbahn???
Thanks for jogging my memory!

donna
chereeda
500+ Posts

Postby chereeda » Wed May 23, 2012 11:03 pm

jamessick wrote:I live in San Antonio. Fiesta TX is great, though way too much sun for my taste.

Hmm, not much shade, huh? We may do Six Flags at Arlington on the way back home then...I remember it having a decent amount of trees in the park, maybe take in a ball game...

thanks,

donna
chereeda
500+ Posts

Postby AlmostSingle » Thu May 24, 2012 7:15 am

RC211V wrote: This summer I have the goal to go to the beach every weekend I am with the kids. No cost except gas to get there, kids love it, good to go.

I have the same goal, so far I have only missed one weekend since the begging of March.
Living in FL sure has it's advantages. D2 loves the beach, and SD11 and I are attempting to learn to surf (thats not working out so well so far).

Like alot of you I haven't had a real vacation in almost 7 years. I won't be able to do anything really big this year, but I am hoping to rent a cabin near the springs for a long weekend.
AlmostSingle
100+ Posts

Postby Bubba Seal » Thu May 24, 2012 8:24 am

Lets see my son and I both recently got new dirt bikes so we are going to go off for a few weekends this summer and ride together. Hes turning 20 so he and I dont spend as much time together as we used to, but we both love dirt bikes so it really keeps us connected.

My daughter is turning 16 in a few monthes so she and I are attending a driving school in a few weeks, she doesnt take direction from me very well. She is also into music and photography so we are going to do a few things this summer in her artistic direction.

Memorial Weekend, The 4th of July Weekend and Labor Day Weekend we plan to hit the lake and play in the boat. Along with my wife and parents, good family bonding time.

Like FOF said its easy to forget some simple things to do with your kids, but they are growing and at some point wont be in the picture like when they are younger, so dont put off doing things for them cause you are battling an ex, its not worth it long term.
Bubba Seal
1K+ Posts

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum