If I could do it over...

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: If I could do it over...

Postby doingitsince78 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:22 am

When we were just out of college, we broke up over her drunkenly throwing a miller high life bottle through my apartment window-

During this 2 week breakup, she managed to screw two seperate dudes, one who I loosley knew-

I allowed her to trickle truth me on both of the situations, for years, and I still married the slore-

Well lo and behold she ended up sleeping around on me, and bailing on the kids-

As a result of her, I have vowed never to deal with any woman who does not have a daddy in the home, or around, single mothers for some reason, can not quite raise a child the right way, jmho-

And at the first sign of mental instability, I get my chit and roll out-
doingitsince78
10+ Posts

Postby nevermorenevermore » Tue May 22, 2012 10:15 pm

this should be the first thread that newbies read on this forum.

i have been on this forum for just over a month, and just now found this thread. if i had read this thread then, I probably would have thought you guys were all sick angry vengeful jerks. now I know better, that kids are worth fighting for and laying down and getting pu$$ywhipped is no way to live.

last month, i was a deer in the headlights of an oncoming semi. now, i am the one driving the semi. thanks to all the men here for standing up for your kids, and helping me do the same.
------
joy comes from inside. suffering is the path to joy.
nevermorenevermore
50+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Tue May 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Good idea. Stickiefied the thread.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby nighthawk » Tue May 22, 2012 11:21 pm

I think what I would say could be used against me in a court of law! :twisted:
"I'll never give up trying to help my little girl!!"
nighthawk
1K+ Posts

Postby Falconer9 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:41 am

...I would have refused to get married on the grounds that I likely would not find another woman who would love me as much as my STBX said she did.

That would have required higher self-esteem on my part, a deeper sense of entitlement to my own feelings, and a level of comfort in telling someone No.

Live and learn.
Falconer9
10+ Posts

Postby secondhalf » Wed May 23, 2012 10:45 am

I would have filed for divorce at the first indication of her affair. It would have avoided five years of misery. It would have avoided having to change jobs and move to a different state with a cheating slug.
secondhalf
1K+ Posts

Postby chris » Wed May 23, 2012 12:17 pm

I would've gotten a private investigator. I'm hoping it doesn't come back to haunt me, and that my other evidence is enough. But a picture (or video) is definitely worth 1,000 words. So newbie’s take heed: if she’s doing anything at all questionable regarding parenting, it’s well worth the expense to get that documented.

To echo others' sentiments though: Every time someone tells me they’re sorry I’ve had to deal with that lunatic for the last 10 years, I say the same thing, that she gave me four beautiful children, so it’s definitely worth it in the end.
chris
500+ Posts

Postby BubbaGumpShrimp » Wed May 23, 2012 12:41 pm

If I could have done one thing over (assuming I had gone through with the marriage), I'd have bailed six months earlier (when I first seriously considered it).
BubbaGumpShrimp
1K+ Posts

Postby jumbledone » Wed May 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Kicked her a55 to the curb the first time I caught her cheating. Kids would have been 4 years younger, and less likely to remember mom and dad ever hanging out (ie no real big status change for them).
The meaning of life is Happiness. What makes you happy? - Dalai Lama

For a more peaceful life, live the serenity prayer.

It's like he never existed - FoF
jumbledone
5K+ posts

Postby Here_We_Go » Thu May 24, 2012 11:16 am

Same here i would have left the first time she cheated on me close to three years earlier, I lived in misery ever since the first time until I told her. also i would have gotten the first temp orders signed quickly be4 she changed her mind.
Here_We_Go
1K+ Posts

Previous Next

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum