Is this a good plan for divorce?

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Is this a good plan for divorce?

Postby Fatheroffour » Thu May 03, 2012 1:22 pm

in my state I had the PI turn the evidence directly over to my attorney, I never saw it, if you touch it then the other side can ask for it, if you dont touch it or look at it and hand it over to your attorney then its attorney client privilege

Like most everything else, this will vary by state. In my state/case the PI was contracted by my attorney. This made the report an attorney work product and not discoverable.

I got a copy, my attorney got a copy and the GAL got a copy but to my knowledge her and her attorney never saw it.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby stretchkr » Fri May 04, 2012 4:09 pm

I shouldn't need a P.I. to prove the affair. I have the note, multiple text messages, and conversations from her now to me, talking about her affair and her dates. Also have a keylogger on the computer, which led me to discover her cheating ways in the first place, with lots of messages saved. There < edited > gross, and she is acting like a 13 year old talking about sex for the first time, but lust is a powerful, exciting thing i am told.
stretchkr
100+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Fri May 04, 2012 4:19 pm

I didn't us a PI to prove an affair but the BF was there while the PI was documenting drinking, reckless driving, crying kids and keeping toddlers out on the roads past midnight. The PI report went to the GAL and it shaped the GALs opinion on what was going to be recommended.

Best money spent during the divorce.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby BubbaGumpShrimp » Sat May 05, 2012 1:33 am

stretchkr wrote:I shouldn't need a P.I. to prove the affair. I have the note, multiple text messages, and conversations from her now to me, talking about her affair and her dates. Also have a keylogger on the computer, which led me to discover her cheating ways in the first place, with lots of messages saved. There < edited > gross, and she is acting like a 13 year old talking about sex for the first time, but lust is a powerful, exciting thing i am told.

Yeah...it sounds like you don't need a P.I. Just keep documenting. As the others said...I think you should go for full custody.

Don't think up a "if she's nice" and a "if she goes NJ" scenario. Bank on her going NJ when she realizes what's in store for her. Continue documenting, get it to your lawyer, and let the lawyer ream her a new one. That's what the two timer would do if she were in your shoes. As you're the better parent...nothing good can come of it for you and the kids if you try the kid glove approach with your NJ.

Work with your lawyer to have her evicted, when the time comes. If you don't do that first, you can bet that she'll have you thrown out.
BubbaGumpShrimp
1K+ Posts

Postby jay » Sat May 12, 2012 4:47 am

You need to go for sole physical custody. Women these days actually believe that the left behind husband should support them in their new relationship. Don't do anything to hinder this new relationship. Remember that if this affair ends (and it probably will), she will blame you for its failure.

Then to punish you, she will go for sole physical custody.

Go for sole physical custody and don't plan on her paying you any money. Don't have any affairs yourself.
jay
New

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum