Summer Day Care

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Summer Day Care

Postby douglas_slac » Wed May 02, 2012 12:14 pm

Ok, not sure where to ask this, just need ideas, and where to look for options. But now all single, I'm looking at my first summer with the kids out of school. Up to now I've been dropping the kids off at school, and not thinking about it. But soon the kids will not have a school to go to, and I need to drop them off somewhere for the days that I have them. And I kinda have no idea what are the options.

What are other people doing for this, where should I look? What options should I be checking out before the summer comes up?
douglas_slac
New

Re: Summer Day Care

Postby madalex » Wed May 02, 2012 12:17 pm

I used to post want ads at the local high schools and hire students to take care of the kids when I am at work.
madalex
500+ Posts

Postby RC411V » Wed May 02, 2012 12:24 pm

I'm in Los Angeles, so maybe there are more options in a big urban area than where you are, but I've seen lots of places without even looking. Almost every Friday something comes home in the kids' backpack about a summer camp or something for them to do when school is out. They maybe don't send it home with your kids, but if you go to the office or teacher at the school, I bet they have lots of info.

The other place I saw lots of stuff for this is in the local paper. Not the LA Times, but the smaller one for the area I live in. They had a special section that had all kinds of stuff to do for kids during the summer. Keep an eye out for something like that.

Lastly for my ideas; if you know many parents (or meet some more if you don't know many) in your kids' class, talk with them.
Limits or opportunities?

Every time you start to act like a girl, ask yourself 'What would John Wayne do?'

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Postby Anything4Her » Wed May 02, 2012 12:34 pm

I'm sure there are summer day camps in your area. Where I am, there are several run through the county parks and recreation department.

My daughter will be attending a dance summer camp.
Quality time cannot be scheduled. It spontaneously arises while doing the mundane. - FatherofFour
Anything4Her
1K+ Posts

Postby coparentchamp » Wed May 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Check into your local YMCA and see if they offer a summer camp...mine have gone to one through our local Y and they loved it - swimming, sailing, art, basketball...etc... The hours are resonable too...ie: not a 10-3pm camp - you can actually work a full day...
Raised by a wonderful single dad.
Current Mom of 2.
Happily co-parenting since 2002.
coparentchamp
100+ Posts

Postby dobradavid » Fri May 04, 2012 6:06 am

www.sittercity.com

douglas_slac wrote:Ok, not sure where to ask this, just need ideas, and where to look for options. But now all single, I'm looking at my first summer with the kids out of school. Up to now I've been dropping the kids off at school, and not thinking about it. But soon the kids will not have a school to go to, and I need to drop them off somewhere for the days that I have them. And I kinda have no idea what are the options.

What are other people doing for this, where should I look? What options should I be checking out before the summer comes up?
dobradavid
100+ Posts

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum