OK, So I text me STBX

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

OK, So I text me STBX

Postby mrivera73 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Ok So I text my STBX to see if we can work something out before mediation and she says What do you want to discuss?

I said: Time Sharing, Holiday schedule and I want him to go to school by me next year (He is not in a school zone by either one of us so he will need to go to a different school anyway) and everything needs to be discussed,

She said: Ok so we'll have to wait for mediation

So I text back: (Maybe I should have not done it)

Ok, by the way I'm going to have my lawyer call your work and subpoena you work schedule, just wanted to let you know. Also I seen that Jazmine((Her Daughter) just got her Drivers Lic just wondering why you would knowingly let an unlicensed driver pick up our son for so long did you really think that this was safe? on top of that she gets into a car crash with no drivers Lic and no Insurance, this shows your character and thats just a few things I'm going to let the judge know, See ya in mediation.

Ok so you think I'm crazy to say this? I do have proof of all of this by the way.
mrivera73
10+ Posts

Re: OK, So I text me STBX

Postby Fatheroffour » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Not the wisest of decisions. There was no benefit to you that I can see.

Unless it felt really good.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby mrivera73 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:37 pm

My STBX will not try to even talk or try to work any thing out so I guess I was trying to strong arm the stuation to pressure her to at least talk about it. But I guess that dose not work.
mrivera73
10+ Posts

Postby Thoughts? » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:07 pm

Relish in the satisfaction of having told her off.

And don't do it again. You don't do yourself any good by appearing the accusatory one.

That she allowed your child to be driven by an unlicensed person is worth documenting, but you texted her to pis$ her off, not to document. No value there.
The board is the sum of all of your great posts...Help divorced men be great dads! Divorce help in a father friendly divorce forum....more tips on how to deal with your divorce at DadsDivorce.com
Thoughts?

Postby defaultuser » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:19 pm

Pretty much anytime you feel like communicating with your X about what you think is a bad idea.
The List
Read it.
defaultuser

Postby mrivera73 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:13 am

Thank you all for your reply's, I did document the Unlicensed driver thing from Public records and I gave it to my sons school.

This was the first time that I have gone off like this but I just wanted to give her something to think about.
mrivera73
10+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:38 am

Given what mediation is, your threat amounted to "you just wait until we sit down and talk about it."

There's just not that much of a threat.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby golfdad » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:16 am

Bite your tongue, my man.

Why give her time to prepare how to answer your questions about her character?

I know it feels good to call her out and let her know that you at least do have a case, but it will NOT help you to give her time to prepare and practice her answers.

Radio silence.

Pars & Birdies
golfdad
100+ Posts

Postby stb_divorced » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:44 am

my stbx said she wanted to avoid trial so i suggested negotiating/mediation...

she told me she'd come up with some terms. with an upcoming hearing soon i asked her again about wtf her terms were...

of course now i'm pressuring her and told to buzz off. lol. can't win.
stb_divorced
100+ Posts

Postby Thoughts? » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:31 am

But again, you can't change what happened. Don't be too hard on yourself. Smile a bit. Forgive yourself. And do not repeat. But seriously, don't be too hard on yourself.

That said, if you don't have the kid this weekend, hope you're getting out & doing something fun. If you do have the kid this weekend, hope the two of you have a blast just doing what ever you're doing.
The board is the sum of all of your great posts...Help divorced men be great dads! Divorce help in a father friendly divorce forum....more tips on how to deal with your divorce at DadsDivorce.com
Thoughts?

Next

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum