Divorce and bankruptcy behind me, Bought a house

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Divorce and bankruptcy behind me, Bought a house

Postby bionic » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:55 pm

When I think about it I get teary proud. I did this on my own - bought my first house. Well I certainly had encouragement from this forum and others in the credit rebuilding area.

It is a little fixer upper. About what my rent cost. Wanted to share that it gets better. Don't give up dad's.

BTW since 2006 my 3 kids have been bunking up in 1 room in an apartment. It has worked out fine but it is long past time to move. The kids are very excited.
bionic
100+ Posts

Re: Divorce and bankruptcy behind me, Bought a house

Postby Fatheroffour » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Awesome.

Before long you'll know the layout of the local home improvement store as good, or better, that the employees.

Congratulations.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby Trevor » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Great story, bro. After a two year divorce, followed by 7 years of on-again, off-again legal battles with my X, costing me thousands and thousands of additional dollars, the prospect of buying a house again is still far off in the distance. So far no bankruptcy, though. But I can feel the excitement of that milestone in your post, and look forward to accomplishing that myself. Good work, dude.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby BubbaGumpShrimp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Congratulations. Good luck on fixing the place up.
BubbaGumpShrimp
1K+ Posts

Postby RC411V » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Yeah, congrats. I hope someday I can quit paying rent and start owning something... good job man.
Limits or opportunities?

Every time you start to act like a girl, ask yourself 'What would John Wayne do?'

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Postby BubbaGumpShrimp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:26 pm

RC211V wrote:Yeah, congrats. I hope someday I can quit paying rent and start owning something... good job man.

Tell me about it. I'm still in the awkward "living with the parents until I figure out how to get NJ out of the house"phase.
BubbaGumpShrimp
1K+ Posts

Postby bionic » Thu May 03, 2012 9:39 pm

Thanks for the well wishes. Today we are officially moved in. The kids were so helpful the entire time and they work cheap. Pizzas and ice cream go a long way. After tucking them in I went out onto the porch this evening and stared at the moon. Listened to the sounds of the neighborhood going to sleep. The house is very old and needs a lot of work. But it brings back fond memories of my childhood home. And now the kids are making their own. Good night : )
bionic
100+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Thu May 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Let me know if old houses are creaky like new ones are when they "settle"...
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum