Is there some actual definition of supervised < parenting time >?

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

Is there some actual definition of supervised < parenting time >?

Postby readyalready » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:01 pm

So, the file is back in the clerks office, but no order docketed yet...
Called ATTY, and he says he has been sent a proposal parenting plan.

Now, based on what has been said by judge in close of trial, I will be granted extended < parenting time > ( and I assume this means anywhere I choose to live...) after a psych eval.

Okay - well NJ and OC have been jabbering about visits at my dad's house which is technically not in NJ's new state, but close... never mind. Dad has told me he has never heard of such a thing, except from me, and isn't really big on the idea of supervising visits anyway. He's a tool anyway, but that is a different story.

So, do I let an order be signed, knowing it is not going to work, and I still get no visits in the meantime - now remember, at some point soon, I'll be able to just go pick her up - or do I need to stipulate some alternative, as in closer to me? If she is okay with my dad supervising visits where he lives, then she ought to be perfectly fine with other relatives or common family friends, right?
readyalready
100+ Posts

Re: Is there some actual definition of supervised < parenting time >

Postby readyalready » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Right. I typed the whole proposal on another thread tonight, and I talked to my dad, who still solidly says heck no, but the way I read the proposal, the supervising counselor could sign off on the supervised thing as quick as anything else. apparently getting someone to WRITE a psych eval is as hard as getting a lawyer to do anything, and takes a long time...

Might have to pay a shring for a visit or two, but a psychologist seeing me with the little lady and saying i'm fine, imo, is even better than somebody asking me a bunch of questions in a conference room. I'm gonna drive a hard bargain on the list of non-professionals, based on the fact that my dad has never even been asked, much less agreed, to such. Atty will be calling him tomorrow...
readyalready
100+ Posts

Re: Is there some actual definition of supervised < parenting time >

Postby readyalready » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:12 pm

I'm screwing this up terribly - dad is named by NJ, but doesn't want to.
the more I think about it, I'll just pay a professional to observe me in my first few meetings, and maybe make some notes on how the youngster is doing... It is important to get off on the right foot, and have documentation if anything wierd has been going on so far... Remember fellas, I have been hanging out in the daycare down here on my free afternoons with the little kids... two's are great, three's are better, and four's - well, they are my intellectual equals 8 )
readyalready
100+ Posts

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On