Adderall

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Adderall

Postby sharpie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:42 pm

Need some advice. My doctor prescribed adderall to me years ago, and I took it on and off. I took the amount prescribed and never abused it. I actually never like it at all. So that is why I didn't take it consistently. Also, I no longer need the medication and have been off it for about six months. Can the NJ ever use this against me in any way? She hasn't brought it up at all, because like I said, I never abused it. I know on some occasions I did get very arugmentative with her due to the side effects of the medication. Adderall does make you very angry at times. I'm just afraid NJ may somehow use this to her advantage by lying.

Let me know any thoughts on this, thanks!
sharpie
10+ Posts

Re: Adderall

Postby dadmisseskids » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:50 pm

sharpie wrote:Need some advice. My doctor prescribed adderall to me years ago, and I took it on and off. I took the amount prescribed and never abused it. I actually never like it at all. So that is why I didn't take it consistently. Also, I no longer need the medication and have been off it for about six months. Can the NJ ever use this against me in any way? She hasn't brought it up at all, because like I said, I never abused it. I know on some occasions I did get very arugmentative with her due to the side effects of the medication. Adderall does make you very angry at times. I'm just afraid NJ may somehow use this to her advantage by lying.

Let me know any thoughts on this, thanks!
The short answer is no, it would be hard for her to use this in a meaningful way to get custody.

1. Has it ever been documented, either by your psychiatrist or the police that you were argumentative due to the Adderall?

2. After this "argument" you had with her, how long was it before the divorce was initiated?

3. If you've been off of it for six months, the medication has little relevance to anything that's going on now.

Seems like you may be a bit paranoid but if your ex tries to use this, she's grasping for straws.
"Success depends on your backbone, not your wishbone"

Mommy has Borderline Personality Disorder? She's very difficult to deal with? Buy this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056JX46W
dadmisseskids
1K+ Posts

Postby sharpie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:06 pm

1. Its never been documented by anyone, it's just something I know myself that may have caused the argument to be escalated.

2. The divorce was initiated about three months later.

What if now I apologized to NJ about that argument and that the side effects of the medication may have contributed to it? Just so she can stop holding it against me and clear the air.
sharpie
10+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Anything you say can and WILL be used against you.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby sharpie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:08 pm

FOF, I'll just keep my mouth shut and leave it at that. :) Thanks!
sharpie
10+ Posts

Postby dadmisseskids » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Fatheroffour wrote:Anything you say can and WILL be used against you.
That's what I was getting at with my #1 question. If it's never been documented, his ex will be the only one to make that claim. If he admits it, he just shot himself in the foot.
What if now I apologized to NJ about that argument and that the side effects of the medication may have contributed to it? Just so she can stop holding it against me and clear the air.
While you're at it, apologize for all of the times you left the seat up and "accidentally" pleasured yourself in her mouth.

Mommy has Borderline Personality Disorder? She's very difficult to deal with? Buy this:

dadmisseskids
1K+ Posts

Postby sharpie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:25 pm

The reason why I began to think about this is if it comes up during mediation and we have to discuss why we argued with each other. If everything in mediation is confidential, could it still hurt me if it goes to trial? Again, mediator is a psychologist.
sharpie
10+ Posts

Postby dadmisseskids » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:29 pm

If it's just mediation, most likely no. All mediation sessions I've been to, the person conducting the mediation cannot be called to testify at your trial and will not issue a report about the negotiations. Just check with the mediator to see what his or her rules are. It's important to understand the rules before you even step foot in the door.

dadmisseskids
1K+ Posts

Postby sharpie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Those are the exact rules I was told by the mediator.
sharpie
10+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Just a point of clarification...are you sure you're using the right terms?

Typically in this context a mediator's job is to find an agreement--fair or not--so a divorce case doesn't need to be heard in court. So topics are usually custody and property division, disposition of the marital home, and support payments after the divorce. Who pulled the trigger in arguments is the least relevant thing I can imagine in a real mediation, and won't be asked because it is a collossal waste of time to review the history of every little battle. And mediators are normally in the legal profession, not psych.

Seems you are talking about marriage counseling, where uncovering behaviors that precipitate or exacerbate those battles might make sense, in order to avoid them in future. Or maybe a custody evaluation, where a person's temperament comes into play from a (co-)parenting standpoint.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Next

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum