Unbelievable

Get financial tips on divorce and asset division including child support laws, property division, and divorce settlements.

Unbelievable

Postby doodguy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:06 am

Need advice. I have been trying sporadically for three years now to get my order enforced.

I am the custodial parent. I call the dept of revenue and always get the were working on it schpiel. Well lately they have been telling me they don't have a valid address to pursue enforcement. That's despite multiple mail verification attempts with one coming back saying she does live at her house. She called into the dor last month and verified her address over the phone. She gets mail from the court and her address is on her license.

The dor gets nasty when I point all that out over the phone and tells me they have to have postal verification before they can pursue enforcement. What else can I do? Sounds like she has a p.o box or something, and dor is making zero attempt to locate her even though everyone knows where she is.
Helppppppp please
doodguy
500+ Posts

Re: Unbelievable

Postby FortheChildren » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:05 pm

Dont know about the foc in your state but in MI unless the person owes a large sum (20k+) it takes filing a motion with the courts on your behalf for contempt for nonpayment and then she will have to answer to a judge.
FortheChildren
50+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:26 pm

Does this become a felony at some point in your state? Has it reached that point yet?
Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby Jehr » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:09 pm

If you're just looking for the dor to do their jobs, have you tried to raise the issue with their I.G.? most every government agency has one, and they're a good first step in complaining and getting lazy government employees to get off of their butts and do their jobs.
Knowledge is Power - Read The List!
Jehr

Postby doodguy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:31 am

Jehr wrote:If you're just looking for the dor to do their jobs, have you tried to raise the issue with their I.G.? most every government agency has one, and they're a good first step in complaining and getting lazy government employees to get off of their butts and do their jobs.

Nope. I will be giving them a call on Monday, see what I can find out. Thank you
doodguy
500+ Posts

Return to Finances & Divorce Forum