Snow Day Question

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Snow Day Question

Postby motwgk » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:13 am

With all the snow and school closures, I thought I'd ask this before it became an issue.

D14, 50/50, each week the parent that doesn't have her has Wednesday after school for a few hours. If there is no school scheduled that day, other parent can pick up at 9 am. This works great when no school is scheduled - I can plan to get her to the exchange location and then go to work.

However, yesterday morning school was set to open 2 hours late due to snow. No problem. I left for work (essential personnel). An hour after getting to work (and 45 minutes in the other direction from home and exchange location), school was cancelled. Very short notice for me if I had to leave work, go home and get D14, take her to exchange, come back to work.

Thankfully, this time X declined time stating concerns for D14's safety on the roads. However, if it happens again - what would you do to get D14 to exchange? When I have backup for my job, I can run home and get her. However, I don't always have a backup person.

There's not a chance on this earth I will allow X on my property, not even to pick up D14. We live on a dead-end, short, private road. I could have D14 wait by the mailboxes. What other options would you consider? Thanks.
motwgk
100+ Posts

Re: Snow Day Question

Postby aero_8 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Snow days aren't scheduled.
aero_8
100+ Posts

Postby jerico08 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:47 pm

At 14 why cant she just stay alone at your place?

If Nj wants her D can go out and meet her outside you place.
"Zed we've got a bug."
jerico08
1K+ Posts

Postby motwgk » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:18 pm

I think the plan reads that if there isn't school, not if school isn't scheduled, to allow us time with her on days like this. But I hear you and will doublecheck the wording. :)

And yes, if X wants her, X can go get her. That's kind of my question. First is, is it ok if I can't get her to X due to unscheduled last minute issues, and second, if X has to come pick her up, and I won't allow her on my property, other than meeting X at the mailbox, could you think of a better way or place for X to meet her, or is that ok?
motwgk
100+ Posts

Postby jerico08 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:49 pm

I would word it that pick up drop off are strictly curbside. If D has a cell Nj can call her to come outside, or if you have home phone just to give it a ring when she gets there. Ie inclimate weather, etc. If D wants to stay home and not go with nj that day its up to her, she's old enough to stay by herself.
"Zed we've got a bug."
jerico08
1K+ Posts

Postby newwife » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:39 am

I know what you mean about not wanting her on your property-especially when you're not home.
It's ok if you don't take her to drop off on these occasions-if NJ raised a stink I think she's look pretty silly.
I would consider how responsible/mature your teenager is.
If she can stand up to what you want-meaning REALLY go out to meet NJ-I'd let that happen.
If she's the kind of girl where if NJ says she wants to see her room and she lets her in--I wouldn't do that.
newwife
500+ Posts

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum