Phone Calls?

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Phone Calls?

Postby nighthawk » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:52 am

A little history.

I was awarded pri. Parent not long ago. I have full decision making. NJ gets EOW. When D7 moved here, the NJ sent a cell phone, in order to keep in contact with D7. At that time I informed NJ I would not be responsible for the phone or if there is a failure to contact D7 I would not be responsible. Got it in writing. Also at that time I informed NJ that D7 already had a cell phone at my house and NJ had the phone number. Two cell phones was just to much. But I would not stand in the way of it.

Now, NJ called my cell phone yesterday, asking to speak to D7. And D7 called NJ back. NJ has called the cell phone NJ gave D7 several times, but the phone is on D7’s dresser and has not been touched since D7 moved here. D7 just don’t care about it. And I fail to understand how I can keep up with the calls if they don’t come thru me.

Nj sent this email this morning. As usual, it twist the truth and appears to be something NJ may be planning to use in court. It reads as follows...

I tried to call D7 last night and could not reach her on her cellphone and could not reach you on yours. I am asking once again that you set up her voice mail so that I can leave her messages so that she knows that I am trying to call her.
I would also ask that you send the cell phone with her when she comes to visit next weekend.

This is what I was considering answering NJ with!

This is not the whole truth! You did call my cell with no answer, but, D7 did try to call you back and you didn't answer! And later she called you again and talked to you. D7 has always returned your calls, and did talk to you yesterday! My cell phone bill will reflect this! You are welcome to call my cell at any time to talk to her! But, I will not be responsible for a cell phone you gave her, and I don't keep up with, that phone is between you and her! In fact, since she has a cell phone here, and she is perfectly capable of receiving calls on my cell, I think she needs to keep your cell phone at your home. As I told you, when you told me you was sending the cell phone, I will not be responsible for your phone!!! You have her cell phone number, of the phone I gave her and you have mine, you also have the house phone number! I think all these cell phones is just to much of a burden on a seven year old, and making her responsible for two cell phones and your phone calls is to much. The responsibility for her to get phone calls, from you, is mine, not D7‘s! And I can not assure this happens with a cell phone she keeps to herself! From now on, you need to call my cell phone to talk to her, so, I can make sure you get your calls!

Your thoughts please!
"I'll never give up trying to help my little girl!!"
nighthawk
1K+ Posts

Re: Phone Calls?

Postby defaultuser » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:25 am

I probably would not answer at all. If I did, I wouldn't do anything like what you wrote. You're engaging the NJ and giving her arguments some kind of merit that they don't deserve.

Try something like this:
NJ:

I will return the cell with D7 next weekend.

You've got your cell phone records to disprove NJ to the court. Besides that, they don't believe her anyway. My D10 has a cell that her mother bought her. It gets turned off or the battery runs out when my kids are with me. No one cares except the NJ.
The List
Read it.
defaultuser

Postby Fatheroffour » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:34 am

Far too many exclamation points. Try to trim back a few.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain

Patiently waiting for 2025.
Fatheroffour

Postby jerico08 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:37 am

Agree with Df, your answering too much.

While your answer is 100 pct correct, nj wont get it or doesnt want to he told she is wrong, leading to further strings of emails from her. By doing that the message gets distorted and if it comes to court a judge isnt going to read through long strings of emails where somewhere in all that it shows nj is wrong. The only thing it will show is two parents who cant co parent. THAT my friend is nj's strategy from the get go, distort and distract, dont fall for it.

One sentence answer and then go quiet.
"Zed we've got a bug."
jerico08
1K+ Posts

Postby whatnow? » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:52 am

Yep, I concur. Too much information in your answer. Keep all communications with the nj to a minimum.

What DF said is enough and leave it at that.
When your ex says .. you will never find anyone like me .. and you reply .. God I sure hope not...
whatnow?
1K+ Posts

Postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:20 pm

This is nothing more than an attempt to "micro-manage" you. Your ex is trying to engage you in a "he said, she said" argument. The idea is to get you to say something that "might" incriminate yourself. From there, she can spin the truth in front of the judge.

Disconnect your buttons, Bro. You don't need that.

Tom
"When you stay ready, you won’t hafta get ready." Russell Wilson, Seahawks QB

"I'm a great housekeeper. When I get divorced, I always keep the house." Zsa Zsa Gabor
Tom Kirkpatrick
1K+ Posts

Postby nighthawk » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Thanks guy's, All I will say is, the phone will be given back to you friday!
"I'll never give up trying to help my little girl!!"
nighthawk
1K+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:10 pm

I am lost as to why anything needs to be written. Isn't it enough that she gets the phone back on Friday? Sayin'.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby Bubba Seal » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:09 am

I dont understand why you feel any need to respond, your ex gave your child this phone, to me thats between the two of them, not you.

If it were me I would ignore it, by responding you are just throwing gas on the fire. You obviously have many means for her to get in touch with or without this other cell phone, I would forget about it.

But do whatever makes you feel good.
Bubba Seal
1K+ Posts

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum