my story :)

Tips on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation tips for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: my story :)

Postby Fatheroffour » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:54 am

Good job and pointing out the distinction. Whether a bar or church is irrelevant and could be seen as an attempt at poisoning thew well, which could get the evidence discounted entirely. The relevant factor is she is gone. If she attempts to try and portray it as she was simply volunteering at the childrens hospice, that is where any rebuttal evidence that she was at a bar comes into play.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain
Fatheroffour

Postby Here_We_Go » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:06 am

I will stop by radio shack and get the ear bud at lunch.

The points you all made about her going to the bar make perfect sense. The GPS logger should give me the most evidence that she is away from son every night. I will track the bar outings but just for rebuttal.

I suppose with all this covert activity the bomb could drop at any time if she finds out about any of the following: camera, gps logger, decipher messaging, MP3 recorder, and now the hardware to record phone calls. I am beginning to walk on a thin line, so i think i need to get the ball rolling and be able to file at a moments notice. Can my lawyer write up a document with what I want and have it ready to file? Guess my lawyer is going to want a retainer. I am going to call her today and ask. Thoughts anyone.
Here_We_Go
1K+ Posts

Postby Texasdad2 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:33 am

You are doing some great pi work there. My only advice is that you not lose focus on the "prize"-the kiddos. Just make sure your effort in documenting your time with them is 10x that of mapping her whereabouts. You will get more mileage out of it. Reading those texts are brutal and distracting, let alone seeing video.
Texasdad2
100+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:08 am

You'll only get the date/time stamp on the actual receipt at the bar. My X had the habit of calling the home phone to say she was on her way home from the bar...which documented nicely that she was not AT home at 2am, 3-4 nights a week. But the fundamentalist judge did not care, in my case.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Postby Fatheroffour » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:32 am

In a situation such as Trevor describes a call to the cops, "My wife called from a bar, very obviously drunk, and said she was driving home. I tried to talk her into letting me come get her but she's so drunk and argumentative she wouldn't have it. I'm very worried she may hurt herself or someone else on the roads. She's driving a '89 Suburban. Can you help?" might be a prudent decision.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”― Mark Twain
Fatheroffour

Postby Here_We_Go » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:08 pm

FoF - Are you suggesting trying to get stbx busted for dwi?
Here_We_Go
1K+ Posts

Postby Here_We_Go » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:12 pm

Update... video recorder has been in place the past two weekends. i have not gotten the actual act due to technical difficulties. But Mr. Wonderful and stbx kissing a lot. what is disturbing is she always thinks that i am being unfaithful, and i do not have an unfaithful bone in my body, and she is cheating.
Here_We_Go
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:16 pm

I am.

If the opportunity presents itself I suggest you don't dismiss the idea out of hand.

BTW, look up 'projection'. She doesn't really think you're cheating.
Fatheroffour

Postby Here_We_Go » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:25 am

Ok i have a documenting question. my primary goal is custody, my journal revolves around it. So now with these contraptions i have i have so much more info, but do I want to include pictures of stbx and mr. wonderful in bed together in my journal?
Here_We_Go
1K+ Posts

Postby gotkids » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:58 am

I didn't journal per say.
I'd focus it on the kids, and how much 'time' you spend.
Maybe a calendar also with 'days you and kids'. Days she's Mia.

Unless it is DV, I'd say stick with good stuff in the journal, 'picures' speak a lot louder than words and don't need your notes
Divorce is a declaration of independence.
It is easier to become a dad than to be one.
gotkids
100+ Posts

Previous Next

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum