Daddy Scholarship

A number of excellent articles which are referenced time and again. Great reference materials from our members.

Daddy Scholarship

Unread postby Jehr » Wed May 06, 2009 6:49 pm

This gets referenced quite a bit, and the original post from Thoughts? was in the middle of a thread, so I thought I'd create a new reference for it.

Thoughts? wrote:In most states, CS ends when they're out of HS. And in places where it can be ordered to continue into college, there are usually statutory provisions giving the parents rights to get progress/grade reports.

So a daddy scholarship, in my terms, is where you will help her some with college, but under a set of ground rules that requires the child to (1) be respectful; (2) maintain contact & regular visits; (3) keep you informed of grades & school progress; (4) keep grades above a reasonable bar and (5) pay for their own mistakes (like last minute dropped courses.

Communicating the terms -- connecting the kid with the accountability now, and that they're going to be pretty poor if they don't understand that entitlement, once they hit 18, is not a good trait for dad to see.
Knowledge is Power - Read The List!
Jehr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Daddy Scholarship

Unread postby Jehr » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:19 pm

Since this thread was recently stickied and there's been more work on this since the above was originally posted, here's a link to the continuing conversation about the Daddy Scholarship:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30979
Knowledge is Power - Read The List!
Jehr
Moderator Emeritus

Return to Reference