any clue why?

Get financial tips on divorce and asset division including child support laws, property division, and divorce settlements.

any clue why?

Unread postby Dad2015 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:20 pm

My ex and I are in discovery. last week she said all she wanted was my pay stubs, w2, and proof I pay my cs in another case. ( she was going to do waiver of discover on the rest)

This week all she wants is the home loan application from a house I bought in 2016 before I knew I was a dad to this kid....and w2.

we were never married so no spousal support. So, what possible reason would She want my loan application? in Florida cs it's not relevant to anything that determines our amount. our state does both income into chart add daycare and health, percent of over nights, and bam.

Thoughts on her angle?
Dad2015
10+ Posts

Re: any clue why?

Unread postby dad2grls » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Think about the information that one places on a loan application and why she might want it.

Hint- income sources and investment accounts are typically found on loan applications because they help establish the applicants networth and ability to pay back the loan.

She may think you have not disclosed something and is fishing for hidden items.

If there's nothing to hide you've got nothing to worry about and of course the converse is true as well.
dad2grls
100+ Posts

Unread postby Dad2015 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:31 pm

I haven't disclosed anything yet and she said this is all she wants the app and w2s.

I bought the house with someone else...once again was before I knew of baby 2. so, am I still obligated if someone else's info is on it too? or can I block out other persons info?
Dad2015
10+ Posts

Unread postby dad2grls » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Dad2015 wrote: I still obligated if someone else's info is on it too? or can I block out other persons info?

Are you obligated to produce a loan application that has someone else's information on it along with yours ? No clue. You could either block out their info, or if you have a really compelling reason not to produce it, then don't and wait for them to ask the court to order it which may or may not happen. Loan applications are not typical discovery documents- which are usually bank statements, investment statements, that sort of thing.

If you produce the blocked out form, make sure give them a copy made after you block it out with ink so they can't see through it.

Who keeps loan applications anyway? You could just say you discarded it.
dad2grls
100+ Posts

Unread postby MegaDad » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Yeah I would just say you don't have it. The bank you did the loan through might have copies in their database, but they will not release that to a third party without a court order.
MegaDad
500+ Posts

Unread postby Dad2015 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:59 pm

In Florida it's listed on the mandatory disclosure form any loan apps within past months. I'm not giving it. I'm just wondering why out of everything thisbisbwhat she wants when it's not relevant.
Dad2015
10+ Posts

Unread postby MegaDad » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 am

Aside from asking her, which I am guessing is not an option, you really can't know. My advice would be to not let her rent space in your head. She is going to do what she is going to do and vice versa. Keep fielding questions by us and we will always be happy to help.
MegaDad
500+ Posts

Return to Finances & Divorce Forum