Daycare Issues with the Ex-Wife

Get financial tips on divorce and asset division including child support laws, property division, and divorce settlements.

Re: Daycare Issues with the Ex-Wife

Unread postby JoseH » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:42 pm

I have no overnight visits with my daughter. She's been crying for her mother lately and wanting to go home on day visits. I'm looking out for best interest by taking her home. I don't want to force her on staying longer then what she wants. Since she kicks and screams I have a hard time ignoring that, so I take her home.
JoseH
New

Unread postby afc » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Dont do that.

Most kids go through a preference phase for one parent over the other. It's normal and nothing to lose you time over.

Just change yourself and what you do with her to be more fun and comforting. You are playing into the stereotype that men just arent as good as taking care of small children.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby JoseH » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Great advice! Thanks everyone.
JoseH
New

Unread postby Trevor » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:13 pm

JoseH wrote:I have no overnight visits with my daughter. She's been crying for her mother lately and wanting to go home on day visits. I'm looking out for best interest by taking her home. I don't want to force her on staying longer then what she wants. Since she kicks and screams I have a hard time ignoring that, so I take her home.

This is disgusting. Losing arguments with a toddler. Is that the best you've got, son?
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:03 am

JoseH wrote: I'm looking out for best interest by taking her home.

Nope, you aren't looking out for her best interest.

Time to step up and be daddy.

When the ex is working you get your kid. <----see the period?

Also, If there is no daycare stop paying it.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:25 am

OP - you should never pay anything to your ex directly. You should work with the providers and pay them. That alleviates the need for financial entanglements. It also looks like you are just giving the ex free money.

Here is where I am confused, how many overnights in the parenting plan do you have in a 4 week schedule?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:47 am

He doesn't take any overnights that he might be ordered anyway, massie.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby massdad1234 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:52 am

true, trying to figure out if OP is taking advice from his ex or just prefers not to be involved in the child's life.

OP - you essentially are showing your daughter with your actions, that you are nothing more than an ATM, baby sitter and non-equal parent in their life. As the single most important male relationship in her life, is that the lesson you want to teach her?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Campfire » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:24 am

JoseH wrote:I have no overnight visits with my daughter. She's been crying for her mother lately and wanting to go home on day visits. I'm looking out for best interest by taking her home. I don't want to force her on staying longer then what she wants. Since she kicks and screams I have a hard time ignoring that, so I take her home.

Jose,

Then lesson you are teaching your daughter is that if she throws a fit, she gets what she wants. Is this the lesson you want to teach?
The List: http://www.dadsdivorce.com/father_divor ... hp?t=13374

The question is how much conflict you can control, negate, or avoid.
Campfire
2.5K+ Posts

Previous

Return to Finances & Divorce Forum