The Child Support Catastrophe

Get financial tips on divorce and asset division including child support laws, property division, and divorce settlements.

Re: The Child Support Catastrophe

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:07 pm

I'm going to wager you're a white male right? This is exactly how systemic gender and race inequalities persist, when folks pretend it doesn't exist. Are you under the impression that the only hard working people just happen to be white men who espouse that same virtue to assuage their guilt regarding their inherent privilege?

Its a tough concept for most of those that benefit from the privilege because they have never ever in their life been exposed to the very prejudice they claim doesn't exist and need countless proof to acknowledge.
lovingfatherof2 wrote:What it comes down to is if you are unsuccessful its not because of your gender or race, its your life choices and drive that does it to you.

Its easy to say all things equal, when clearly they are not.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:13 pm

I'm between books and would love to read more up on this, any references you can point to? Being an adult learner, i'm all for expanding my knowledge, however what I have learned stands in stark contrast and have recently seen estimates that it will take multiple centuries to correct the pay gap and it actually moved in the wrong direction recently.
Minerva wrote:Any factual reporting on the subject shows that all things being equal women make slightly more money then men up until late 20's early 30's.

Interestingly, women not only got the right to vote, but surrendered their earning strength to do so in this time frame?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:42 pm

SJW's, a funny bunch. Always someone else's fault, no personal responsibility at all.

All things ARE equal in the fight to the top, im just going to make sure I work at it much harder than others do and climb much harder than they do. Even if the climb kills me. That is what it takes to be successful, not your gender or skin color.

While they sleep in their comfy beds at 4am I am up pounding away at my craft figuring out my next moves, 3 hours before I have to even be in the office and at the end of the day I will still be there when they are all gone. While they are spending time blaming everyone else and playing on their phones and whining im looking for the next maneuver to come out on top of them. By midweek ive already put in twice the hours they have and have accomplished 4 times as much. Next week I will do even better, the plan is set and ready before I even get to next week, next month and next year.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:44 pm

That's cool. You do you.

Guys who do that who also have kids tend to outsource the childrearing to the other partner then.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Social justice warrior is the term used by those in privilege to mock those that seek parity.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:56 pm

Some do that, I do not.

There are a lot of hours in a week, be wise with how you use them.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:37 pm

and yet there are thousands of people who work less and make way more than you.

Its typical to point to a micro instance to try and discredit a macro discussion.

None of what you said addressed your belief that only white males in your age bracket posses the drive to work hard, everyone else simply works less.

Its funny, why then would the farming industry and unions complain about all those lazy immigrants that are willing to work for pennies on the dollar?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:44 pm

While I've been working, lfo2 has been complaining on the internet about how much more he works than people playing on the internet.

It's funny because it's hypocritical.
a dad

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:50 pm

It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars,"
Fatheroffour

Unread postby RC611V » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:33 pm

You should be able to work 40 hours a week and take care of your family with what you earn by doing that. If you want to bust your balls and spend your resources doing more than that, up to you. But it shouldn't be a struggle just to be able to take care of your family when you're willing and able and wanting and doing work.

Other places in the world do not have the problems the US has. We're all told from birth (probably most places are like this, but it seems Americans are especially bad) that our country is the best and nowhere else comes close. That is just plain old not true when it comes to things we pride ourselves on like 'freedom' and 'opportunity' and 'prosperity' and 'the American dream'.

Those things are myths and fantasies, maybe legends that were exaggerated and withered away a long time ago.
Only chicky dudes have signatures on internet forums.
RC611V
5K+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Finances & Divorce Forum