The Child Support Catastrophe

Get financial tips on divorce and asset division including child support laws, property division, and divorce settlements.

Re: The Child Support Catastrophe

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:00 am

interesting, i'm not seeing anything that supports that on the macro scale. Where would you say there is income parity?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Minerva » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:21 am

massdad1234 wrote:interesting, i'm not seeing anything that supports that on the macro scale. Where would you say there is income parity?

Any factual reporting on the subject shows that all things being equal women make slightly more money then men up until late 20's early 30's. No surprise that is the age most career-oriented women start having children. Not surprising, if you take off time to have children and start becoming family-oriented, you won't make as much money as a man who puts his career first.

The only way that you get the $.77 on the dollar myth is if you add up all working men's income and divide by all working women's income. Until we get 50% of crab fisherman and oil rig workers to be women and 50% of primary school teachers to be men, that's a really dumb way to come up with a statistic.

If women with equal experience got paid 20% less then men to do the exact same job, I would start a company that hires only women and be 20% more competitive in every industry.
Minerva
100+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:44 am

Ill just leave these here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eieVE-xFXuo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcDrE5YvqTs

What it comes down to is if you are unsuccessful its not because of your gender or race, its your life choices and drive that does it to you.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:58 am

Fatheroffour

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:11 pm

Fatheroffour wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/maddieberg/2015/11/12/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-hollywood-pay-gap/amp/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kimelsesse ... 4f3c9b3983

If you aren't going to get paid for what you feel you are worth then don't do the job or push for more. Life choices.

Besides comparing Lawrence and Downey is laughable. Of course Downey is worth more and that has nothing to do with gender. He is just that good, he can draw in a far bigger audience than she could, so he gets paid more. This isn't rocket science.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:16 pm

Little girls get better grades than boys since the 1950's because of their life choices? That's overly simplistic for a 5yr old.

According to that line of thought, if they get better grades, shouldn't they get higher paying jobs?
a dad

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Claims it doesn't exist.
Existence is demonstrated.
Claims it doesn't matter.

Typical.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby afc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:21 pm

I married someone who wanted a career. My dad was a Mad Men "little woman handles all home stuff" kind of guy and he missed out on a lot so I knew I didnt want that.

Married someone who wanted to have a career. So we had kids and from birth to kindergarten, she stayed home and I worked on my career. Then when she went back, my career took a backseat. I was the parent who stayed home when they were sick, did field trips, etc. Turned down an advancement that would have meant more travel so she could make up those years. Got some flack from managers, co workers and acquaintances about that but < edited > it, I was with my kids.

When we divorced, there was no way she could point to anything that said I wasnt an equal parent or that she couldnt earn her own living. Not that she would.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 pm

a dad wrote:if they get better grades, shouldn't they get higher paying jobs?

No, grades do not equal competence in the field regardless of gender. You should now this.

Fatheroffour wrote:Claims it doesn't exist.
Existence is demonstrated.
Claims it doesn't matter.

Typical.

It don't
It wasn't
Because it don't

Factual
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:32 pm

I should now this?

Brilliant.

*uninterestedly goes back to work*
a dad

PreviousNext

Return to Finances & Divorce Forum