I'm being extorted by ex. I owe back CS and a few minor $

Get financial tips on divorce and asset division including child support laws, property division, and divorce settlements.

Re: I'm being extorted by ex. I owe back CS and a few minor

Unread postby regret143 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:24 am

Trevor wrote:I stand corrected. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=74091&p=813853#p813853

You've been told about all this stuff and failed to execute it back then. Almost 2 years ago.

How many times do you need to be told something before you bother to act upon it?

Depression took the best of me. Being hit on 2 major fronts, while being recently relocated away from any family or friend is not easy. I know I have failed, and ultimately I'm a victim of it.

Yes, I feel extorted because she is trying to get from me 3 times more than is fair.

Also, I already have a payment plan arranged with the AG's office, I'm paying $150 extra every month for that. I have never refused to pay or tried to get away with it, I'm actually paying more than I can afford.
I just want to pay and be payed what was decided in court.
regret143
50+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:53 am

regret143 wrote:Yes, I feel extorted because she is trying to get from me 3 times more than is fair.

Your use of the term "extorted" betrays a victim mentality. This is something you need to fix immediately. She can ask for anything she wants, including your involuntary sterilization. Doesn't mean she is going to get it.

Much healthier to laugh off her ridiculous starting points, understand what is the correct math, and understand that the court has already spoken on the issue at hand - you have orders.

Her path almost certainly would be through mediation, and you don't need a lawyer for that. You can also ask for her to pay all mediation costs - since she's the one who seeks a change. And then she will think twice about the viability of her offer, knowing she would have to back up her inflated financial claims with documentation.

She knows you are peeing in your pants right now; this is the biggest problem. She smells the fear you have for her. And she loves it.

regret143 wrote:I already have a payment plan arranged with the AG's office...I'm actually paying more than I can afford. I just want to pay and be payed what was decided in court.

But this payment plan includes amounts set with your previous earnings (as you say you're going to file for a mod soon)? Plus $150 for the arrears until it's paid down?

Do the homework I suggested. Then report back what you learn from the CS Agency.

Again, the court has spoken on this and you have every right to ignore what she is saying. But you have to take actionable steps. Today.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby jumanji » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:28 pm

How much interest is accruing on the CS that you owe?
jumanji
500+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:38 pm

He's taking many days to do his homework on the CS Agency, jujube, so don't hold your breath for an answer.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Previous

Return to Finances & Divorce Forum