Ex moving in with boyfriend - will alimony stop?

Get financial tips on divorce and asset division including child support laws, property division, and divorce settlements.

Re: Ex moving in with boyfriend - will alimony stop?

Unread postby kaui8355 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:04 pm

Yes, my plan is to talk with the district office next week to see if my son can continue in the same school next year. My daughter will not have to change schools with me - it is only my son and it is only for 1 year, then he is into middle school back with his friends. But yes, if I can get him approved to stay in the same school for 1 more year, then there will be no change to schools on my end.
kaui8355
New

Unread postby a dad » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Now that's what I wanted to hear.

The deadline is coming up for transfer requests for next year around here and some schools are by availability/lottery so do what you can.

Good on you for trying to minimize the impact on your kids.
a dad

Unread postby kaui8355 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:13 am

Thank you for letting me know that on the deadline - I was not aware of that. I will be going to the district office on Monday to seek permission to have him continue his final year in the same school. I am not sure what to expect but I hope that by explaining the situation to them with the notion that it is strictly for stability and that it would be only for 1 year, that I can get permission. I do know others firsthand that somehow have their kids in a different school than what their residence allows - I am not sure how they do this but I know it is done.

I also found out yesterday she is already moving the kids to her BF's house over the weekend which is before the required 60 days notice that it says in our decree. One thing at a time, but I will discuss this with my attorney after I talk with the district office about my son's school situation.
kaui8355
New

Previous

Return to Finances & Divorce Forum