Owed money from mortgage payment after I moved out

Get financial tips on divorce and asset division including child support laws, property division, and divorce settlements.

Re: Owed money from mortgage payment after I moved out

Unread postby RockyCali » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:33 pm

dms180 wrote:Also, anyone know where I should post a question regarding parental alienation?

As in a parent alienating one's self from their children?
RockyCali
100+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:37 pm

^ Agreed. ^

Hard to claim alienation when you agreed to less parenting time than an incarcerated felon.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby gamingdad » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:30 pm

I guess the silver lining in your world is more time with cupcake?
READ YOUR PAPERWORK BEFORE SIGNING! IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, ASK!
gamingdad
500+ Posts

Unread postby JimRockford » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:59 pm

Looks like we lost another one to the cupcakery.
Deciding to go forward with a divorce is kind of like joining a brotherhood. However, it is a brotherhood that you really don't want to join.
JimRockford
500+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:21 am

dms180 wrote:I have been seeing my kids one day a week for months. Once it made to court, I requested every other weekend. She refused and it went to a mediator. The mediator was ridiculously biased. He actually told me that I shouldn't move to a location which I planned on buying a new home with my girlfriend. He suggested Thursdays and Saturdays with the caveat that my kids get introduced with my girlfriend (which they have and absolutely loved her). We made another mediation re-visit for the end of next month. Based on what I have seen in the court I don't have much faith in the system. If he doesn't give me what I want (every other weekend) I am taking it to the Judge. Getting every other weekend (alone) will drop my child support by $800-$1000.

Also, anyone know where I should post a question regarding parental alienation?

The Parenting forum would be an appropriate place.

We would definitely like to help you with your relationship with your children, but it will certainly involve taking in some things you wont want to hear. You're in a tough spot, much of it self inflicted, but the system isnt as biased as you believe.

The good news is that its very likely you will get the every other weekend you desire if you stick to your guns and take it all the way to the judge.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby JimRockford » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:22 am

How did you come up with this particular mediator? It almost seems like you used her mother or her new boyfriend.
Deciding to go forward with a divorce is kind of like joining a brotherhood. However, it is a brotherhood that you really don't want to join.
JimRockford
500+ Posts

Previous

Return to Finances & Divorce Forum