request

Get financial tips on divorce and asset division including child support laws, property division, and divorce settlements.

request

Unread postby flynwa320 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:33 pm

One more month of CS, ONE MONTH. Ex wants cancelled checks from a deduction I get to take by order (small travel expense, 200 per month). The order says nothing about having to show any cancelled checks to her after the fact. I have them but not really in the mood to have to do the leg work. again, no motion filed, just a request and if I didnt take deduction, she would be entitled to a whopping 340 bucks for the last 6 months? Ignore?
flynwa320
100+ Posts

Re: request

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:42 pm

How did she make the request? What form of communication?

It's 2017, I haven't written a check in years. Did you actually write checks related to this deduction?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby flynwa320 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:59 pm

Just an email request.

Definitely her boyfriend pain in the < hindquarters > put her up to it. They broke up and I had not heard from her in a year. Now they are back together because she is about to lose CS and she's letting him try to run things. She also wants to change the ratio that we pay for college, but thats another story.

I paid by CC with Costco Amex but that changed last summer and Amex wont let me in online anymore because all Costco AMEX accounts were closed. I would have to email them and get it. The last few months I have paid cash to the landlord and haven't really kept anything because the amount is so small and didnt need it. Landlord said he would put together a receipt at some point if I needed it.
flynwa320
100+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:05 pm

Can't provide what you don't have.

"Your request exceeds reasonable limitations, such documents are no longer available".
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby flynwa320 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:08 pm

BartSimpson wrote:Can't provide what you don't have.

"Your request exceeds reasonable limitations, such documents are no longer available".

I like it, may actually quote it lol
flynwa320
100+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Keywords - you are challenging her on reasonable, and on limitations.

If she's chomping at the bit to bring action, she will anyway. If she's doing this because Mr. < skid mark > * is whispering in her ear, the challenge might be enough to ward off her interest.

No matter what, she needs to know this won't be easy money.

How long are you going to wait to reply?

Hey, and how's it going? We haven't seen you in awhile?

(*Testing a filter that someone was going to add)
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby flynwa320 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:25 pm

I used to reply quickly, but learned (after talking to dipstick's ex wife) that it bothers that crap out of him to be ignored. I watched him slam the table when I wouldn't talk to him at court 2 years ago. They broke up for a year and everything was fine. No Issues. He's back and the 17 year old moved in with me. I should file a motion for child support stoppage for one month, but at this point....

The oldest is still being his "own" man but that is his cross to bear at this point. He's 23. Middle kid is kicking < hindquarters >, 4.0 in college and graduating next year. Youngest is 4.0 is high school and got lots of scholarships for college.

Bad part is every kid has moved out and lived with me over the years because of the boyfriend> shocking how an outsider can live with himself affecting families like that. Karma will be a < female dog > someday. Her punishment for allowing it is having him around, lol

Almost done!

Its gets better Boys, Be a good Dad, take the high road and laugh. Not always easy.
flynwa320
100+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:27 pm

Good check in, appreciate it. Way to go Daddio!
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby whatever_works » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:43 pm

flynwa320 wrote:Its gets better Boys, Be a good Dad, take the high road and laugh. Not always easy.

Thank you, sir. I needed that.
whatever_works
500+ Posts

Unread postby spritom » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:48 pm

That's all kinds of awesomeness right there!
***commissions stone plaque to be engraved***
New to all this? Read The List
TAC (The Acronym List)
Short-short version of what to do

跟猴子比丟屎
spritom
Moderator Emeritus

Return to Finances & Divorce Forum