Retirement split. Done in the back office prior to trial.
- Each get to keep our respective 401K's - Not an issue
- A split of my IRA 47K at the time of service, so she'd get $23677.50
- 2 other accounts from the same financial institution as IRA. She gets one and I get one.
There is nothing on paper and nothing was signed by me nor my EX. The record is video during trial.
Rule 69 was placed on record - link (Basically what was discussed in court is binding.) https://govt.westlaw.com/azrules/Document/N849C9390D61711DF9D628FC4CEFCF5D3?viewType=FullText&originationContext=documenttoc&transitionType=CategoryPageItem&contextData=(sc.Default)
1. IRA doesn't qualify for QDRO. So Attorney not needed, but institution needs something signed by judge to split the money. (By April 6 Financial institutions are changing the way they operate (DOL fiduciary rule) and could effect my IRA so they need an answer soon.)
2. After Trial I was advised by my attorney not to move on this until she is ready to take it. It would save me time and money. Basically it's hers make her come and get it.
3. It's been 2.5 years and not a peep from Ex about getting the money.
5. There is about 3K of sole and separate from 47K not discussed during back room. Ex was amendment about getting all of her money.
- Say nothing and let her go after it when she's ready? Basically let her figure it out.
- Have her Attorney draw something up to Split the money?(He's a crook, and wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him)
- Have my Attorney draw something up to Split the money? (He has not idea what's he's doing) I would seek different council
What advice say you?