Credit Card Question

Get financial tips on divorce and asset division including child support laws, property division, and divorce settlements.

Credit Card Question

Unread postby figuringitout » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:57 pm

So I have excellent credit. The STBX watches closely. I'm wanting to get my own card that wont show up on my credt report. Any way to do that or do I just need to stick with a debit card? Already have my own bank account and po box.
figuringitout
10+ Posts

Re: Credit Card Question

Unread postby Trevor » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:24 pm

Fair Credit Reporting Act may require disclosure of credit applications and other credit instruments in order for lenders and other business interests to make good lending/credit decisions. You want out? Cash or bitcoin. Or wait until after you're divorced.

How is she "watching" your stuff, and what steps have you taken to insulate your personal financial information from your adversary?
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:18 pm

Like Trevor says, secure your personal info.

From there, get the biggest line of credit you can - you're gonna need it. Because once you've filed, an ATRO will take immediate effect, and you'll no longer have that opportunity.

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby grandetaco » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:34 am

I had to get one later in the div, open accounts wont show up till next cycle.

Make some excuse like, the bank is giving away a free gun with a new credit account :-).

Look at your local credit union, mine has a 6% apr credit card, the limit is half of my other cards but hey at 6% I am complaining.

How is she monitoring your credit file? Using the big 3, like experian, transunion etc? or you subscribe to credit protection services?
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandetaco
500+ Posts

Unread postby BrilliantBastard » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:26 pm

You can open accounts in the name of a Trust or LLC. The trust in most states is a just a notarized document. I have a CC and 8 mortgages that don't show up on my credit report.
BrilliantBastard
500+ Posts

Unread postby figuringitout » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:03 am

BrilliantBastard wrote:You can open accounts in the name of a Trust or LLC. The trust in most states is a just a notarized document. I have a CC and 8 mortgages that don't show up on my credit report.

Tell me more BrilliantBastard...
figuringitout
10+ Posts

Unread postby Ohiogal » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:09 pm

figuringitout wrote:
BrilliantBastard wrote:You can open accounts in the name of a Trust or LLC. The trust in most states is a just a notarized document. I have a CC and 8 mortgages that don't show up on my credit report.

Tell me more BrilliantBastard...

Legally you have to disclose all Trusts and LLCs in a divorce.
I am licensed only in Ohio. NOTHING stated by me is legal advice OR forms an attorney/client relationship or is to be taken as me advising you regarding YOUR personal LEGAL circumstances.
Ohiogal
500+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:13 pm

Assuming it's requested, right?

You don't have to volunteer everything under the sun if they don't ask for it, right?
Fatheroffour

Unread postby Phoenix853 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:33 pm

Depends.....

Will she be using an attorney - I think it's pretty standard to list all fincials ect...
If not - will she know to ask for financials or be specific as to All Financials.

I'm curious as to how she's monitoring your credit?
Why you need to hide your credit? I get the ninja style attack and waiting for the right moment to surprise her with the gift of divorce, if that's your plan.
Or are you trying to hide assets? That's not a good idea, IMO. Ever see "Cops" the bad guy rarely get away. Just sayin.
Phoenix
Phoenix853
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:39 pm

In the interest of accuracy.

The FBI says the clearance rate for murder is about 65%. Thats the big one that gets the most attention, other reported crimes are even worse.

Crime pays and they usually get away with it.
Fatheroffour

Next

Return to Finances & Divorce Forum