OC filing "Motion To Be Relieved" is this what i think?!?

Get financial tips on divorce and asset division including child support laws, property division, and divorce settlements.

Re: OC filing "Motion To Be Relieved" is this what i think?!

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:07 pm

truemort wrote:.....could this whole thing somehow backfire on me and make it turn out that im somehow forced to provide money for her to pay her attorney what he needs or provide money so she can retain a new attorney?
Highly unlikely, Bro. Breakdown in attorney-client relationship is the likely culprit. That's not your problem.

Attorney fees are paid from her share of marital asset proceeds. And if she's out-spent those proceeds, that's not your problem either.

Havalu7 wrote:.....in my case when the poor little innocent Mom degenerated by CPS and me and the world (okay I will stop).
No, no, no!! Don't stop!! Don't stop!! We want more!! We want more!! LOL

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:23 am

Snap!
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby truemort » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:19 am

So i got my hands on the motion write up! Some juicy details:

I _____ am the defendant in the above captioned matter and submit this certification in support of my notice of motion to be relieved as counsel.

This has been a long and contentious divorce matter in which each of the key issues remains outstanding despite multiple pendente lite applications and attempts at medation. Unfortunately, it does not seem there is any prospect of settlement at this time and there exists a fundamental breakdown of our attorney-client relationship. In addition, my firm is owed nearly $13,000 in fees in which our client has expressed she does not have the ability to pay.

I do not want to breach client confidentiality, however, Defendant and I have reached an impasse as to how proceed in the pending matter. Defendant and I no longer maintain effective communication. She is resistant to my suggestion and advice. Because of these reasons, there has been a fundamental breakdown of our attorney client relationship and it would be improper fo rme to continue representing her.

Attached is a current billing statement indiciating defendants account is in arrears. We repeatedly attempt to collect to no avail. Instead, we receive partial payments which we were at first willing to accept in the hopes that the matter would settle, however, the defendant has chosen to continue to litigate the key issues resulting is greater and greater legal expense. Further, there are no assets in this case from which to secure an outstanding fee obligation.

can i start celebrating yet?
truemort
100+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:48 am

I would totally celebrate, she is toasted!!
I type butter on mah phon
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby ScaredNConfused » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:36 pm

lovingfatherof2 wrote:I would totally celebrate, she is toasted!!

Exactly, if I saw that from my STBX's lawyer, you'd likely hear my screams of joy across the nation.
ScaredNConfused
100+ Posts

Unread postby truemort » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:06 am

i have begun my celebration.

If she truly intends to go on pro se in a case which truly is not trial worthy...my lawyer told me to just sit back and watch the entertainment with some popcorn....

i just hope now for a swift close and not some drawn out trial date(s)....

if i am truly indeed successful, i really owe it all to this forum..every victory in my case was due to feedback from this forum. will keep everyone posted.....
truemort
100+ Posts

Unread postby truemort » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:31 pm

well....just got word that stbx has retained a new attorney somehow.........

:(
truemort
100+ Posts

Re: OC is filing "Motion For Relief"-Is it what i think it i

Unread postby Caruzzo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Caruzzo wrote:Be prepared for the possibility of new counsel and potential stalling.

Mine is on her 11th (who was also her 3rd) and is about to dump her (for the second time).

This new one will tire of her too. Any communication from new counsel to your attorney yet?
Caruzzo
100+ Posts

Re: OC is filing "Motion For Relief"-Is it what i think it i

Unread postby truemort » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:10 pm

Caruzzo wrote:
Caruzzo wrote:Be prepared for the possibility of new counsel and potential stalling.

Mine is on her 11th (who was also her 3rd) and is about to dump her (for the second time).

This new one will tire of her too. Any communication from new counsel to your attorney yet?

none yet.. we just received the substitution of attorney filing and thats it.....

feeling discouraged but trying to keep my moral up...
truemort
100+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:44 pm

True you will be fine. Ya got us rooting for you.

PM's also available to those whom have theirs open for business.

Thanks for the update. Eyes on the prize brotato!
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Finances & Divorce Forum