Modifying Educational Support Order

Get financial tips on divorce and asset division including child support laws, property division, and divorce settlements.

Re: Modifying Educational Support Order

Unread postby Justnoise » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:27 am

Update-I have asked for the grades.

"they aren't in high school they don't get grades"

Okay then.
Justnoise
10+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:12 am

So I'm curious - are you remarried?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Justnoise » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:10 pm

Not yet. I live with my gf and her two kids. We have been together for three years. We are holding off until my obligations are resolved. Why do you ask?
Justnoise
10+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:21 pm

It's the hallmark of these situations. The appearance of resources diverted to this new woman (and her children) usually sets them off.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Justnoise » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:28 pm

Indeed. Appearance only. Perception is not reality. I will continue to ask for the log ins (she won't give me for tuition and grades) and see what happens. The latest was she is going to go ahead with court . I am more confident with all your help.
Justnoise
10+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:06 pm

Your State Judiciary published what is known as The Judges Bench Book, or something similar that guides your Judges statewide so that there is consistency in the State Courtrooms.

Included in the Judges Family Law Bench Book will be guidance on Contempt - you might want to read it as that is what the Judge will consider if your case makes it that far.

Reality is that the mother will find her attorney not so interested in Contempt, but in motions to compel or enforcement - and her attorney will tell about the grades/transcripts obligation.

I laugh a little at the mother's reply - did you ever hear about the University of California Santa Cruz and how they didn't actually have grades for a number of years? It was a failure of an experiment, and still the brunt of many jokes.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Justnoise » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:29 am

I'm back......Received Contempt order. Oddly it is just for the last semester. I asked for grades the end of last semester and one refused but finally gave it when he wanted money. The other one texted it after he basically told me to f-off. I don't know if I should get a lawyer or where to go to even look? My thought was to just show up and ask for modification due to never being included in decision making or invited to financial aid office. I was told they don't have such a thing. She is refusing to let me have access for one of them to see tuition etc. He has decided to live off campus and I was told I would be paying his rent. I have offered to go for mediation which she declined and I also told her to have them get student loans. One has and the other one not sure because she won't give me access to the tuition history.

Even if maybe I go for a consultation but not sure where to go. I want someone who specializes in this. Thank you for listening as always.

And yes regarding the no grade thing hahaha
Justnoise
10+ Posts

Unread postby lionel2013 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:21 am

The other one texted it after he basically told me to f-off.

Side bar here: why are both of them so harsh on you? What did you do to them to make them believe you deserve this treatment?
Whenever you think divorce is bad, remember there are worse things than divorce.
lionel2013
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Justnoise » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:55 pm

A case of parental alienation. When she asked for divorce she said she was taking everything from me. I am willing to pay but the level of disrespect can no longer be ignored. I have suggested mediation and counseling and have been denied by them.
Justnoise
10+ Posts

Previous

Return to Finances & Divorce Forum