Divorce done....Future CS modification?

Get financial tips on divorce and asset division including child support laws, property division, and divorce settlements.

Divorce done....Future CS modification?

Postby Txbizman » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:59 am

In mediation I agreed to max child support to get her to agree to 50/50 which ended up 52 me 48 her. She's getting an additional 4k a month in a buy out of our assets for 10 years. How do I document extra time with the kids for the next 1.5 years or so then go in and ask for a modification? If I don't get extra time do i still have a case for a mod? Should I ask for support from her and hope for a wash?

All I can say is I couldn't have done it without the help and support of this board. Thank you guys so much! I'm passing it forward weekly!
Thanks to this board:

53% over nights
Kept all the assets
Txbizman
100+ Posts

Re: Divorce done....Future CS modification?

Postby Bubba Seal » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:37 am

I copied my response from your other post.

In mediation I agreed to max child support to get her to agree to 50/50 which ended up 52 me 48 her. She's getting an additional 4k a month in a buy out of our assets for 10 years. How do I document extra time with the kids for the next 1.5 years or so then go in and ask for a modification? Should I ask for support from her and hope for a wash?

First off congrats on getting it done, you moved thru it pretty quickly it seems to me.

As far as documenting your time, I like the idea of the pictures with the growth chart, if they are younger then it will just be a game that they will probably look forward too every night and remind you of if you forget, thats a big plus.

I think you are asking since you are buying assets over time should that change the support structure, I dont think it will work that way, or at least that was the way it was explained to me, in figureing my CS they take her W-2s and my W-2s and figure from there, so the buyout Im doing has nothing to do with her income for CS calculations. If I were you I would ask my attorney this question, but I dont think the payout will help in CS calculations.

Once again Congratulations
Bubba Seal
1K+ Posts

Return to Finances & Divorce Forum