Child Support after magic 3 years is up

Get financial tips on divorce and asset division including child support laws, property division, and divorce settlements.

Child Support after magic 3 years is up

Unread postby Travis Suarez » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:20 pm

Can anyone tell me how this works in NY?

I can only assume she's going to ask for more in two months. I have my boys S15,S13,S7 nearly 50% and pay full child support, 70 percent of health and sports (they are in multiple travel sports) and two have braces.

She quit her job back in June - I suppose to further screw me? Don't know how that is allowed.

We are above the 143000? threshold.

Thank you
Travis Suarez
New

Re: Child Support after magic 3 years is up

Unread postby Havalu7 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:23 pm

OP change your username if it’s anything close to your real name, or if you have used it on ANY other social media.
”No.” is a complete sentence.

Do not move out of your house.
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Travis Suarez » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:27 pm

It's good - thanks
Travis Suarez
New

Unread postby BartSimpson » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Hello,

Child support is established by formula and your State has an on-line calculator to figure out what you would pay.

As for the mother not working, there are provisions in the law to impute her income at the same level - she cannot just quit and therein cause you to pay more, unless you let her.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby massdad1234 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:07 pm

why don't you put together a summary of what is going on and what you would like to accomplish?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Travis Suarez » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:25 pm

Summary?

I would like to not have to pay more support. Her quitting her job does not help the situation. If anything I feel I pay more than my share. 29% + health + extracurricular activities (sports). She currently owes me health and extracurricular activities.
I have my children almost 50%. 6 or 7 over nights per two week cycle/ depending on if there is school on Monday.

I have two jobs. like I said have kids almost 50% and take them to doctors appts. All of which isn't a problem - Just trying to protect myself as much as I can.
Travis Suarez
New

Return to Finances & Divorce Forum