Facetime at your house when ex is a nutjob..

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Facetime at your house when ex is a nutjob..

Unread postby tradingplaces » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:58 am

Do you allow it? I feel she's using it just to see inside my house and intrude on my time. DS doesn't care to facetime, it's my ex initiating it. Our order says "parent and child shall have access to each other" and therefore my ex claims Facetime is to be answered and allowable. What's your take on this practice?
tradingplaces
10+ Posts

Re: Facetime at your house when ex is a nutjob..

Unread postby massdad1234 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:08 am

how old is the child?
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby tradingplaces » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:13 am

tradingplaces
10+ Posts

Unread postby whatever_works » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:18 am

I allow it. But it hasn't become the problem you describe it to be. I would let her see inside my house all she wants though.

There is facetime audio too - if it helps, you can ask your son to switch to audio.
whatever_works
500+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:21 am

did she say why? Did you ask and listen?
tradingplaces wrote:DS doesn't care to facetime
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby hoosier_dad » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:44 am

I allow it in their bedrooms only, and just audio outside of their rooms.
hoosier_dad

Unread postby grandet2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:15 am

hoosier_dad wrote:I allow it in their bedrooms only, and just audio outside of their rooms.

apple's mic can pick up whispers from across the room, so be very careful about where you are allowing it or speaking around it and even from next room.

I allow it, I set the rules in common spaces, not in my bed room, my den, not while driving as it is distracting and so on.
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
100+ Posts

Unread postby Broken Machine » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:48 am

"Access" can be through facetime, phone calls, email, hell even snail mail. If your daughter doesn't want to facetime you don't have to force her. If her mom objects, let her bleat all she wants. If your daughter wanted to facetime, I would just allow it but since you stated that she doesn't I would just let your daughter talk on the phone.
Broken Machine
100+ Posts

Unread postby tradingplaces » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:15 am

Broken Machine wrote:"Access" can be through facetime, phone calls, email, hell even snail mail. If your daughter doesn't want to facetime you don't have to force her. If her mom objects, let her bleat all she wants. If your daughter wanted to facetime, I would just allow it but since you stated that she doesn't I would just let your daughter talk on the phone.

Does that mean all of the above or one of the above?
tradingplaces
10+ Posts

Unread postby Broken Machine » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:37 am

It just means you allow your kids to have access to the other parent. You don't deny phone calls, facetime, whatever. If your daughter doesn't want to do facetime but prefers phonecalls, simply allow it. Doesn't matter what your ex wants. It's all about your kids.
Broken Machine
100+ Posts

Next

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum