Alternating weeks and spring break

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Alternating weeks and spring break

Unread postby iasd » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:36 am

Can anyone describe or point me to an example parenting plan that has alternating weeks during the school year? I am wondering in particular how I would handle spring break and Thanksgiving break.
iasd
10+ Posts

Re: Alternating weeks and spring break

Unread postby Broken Machine » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:28 am

I am on a 7/7 schedule with my kids and we swap on Fridays. This past Thanksgiving, I had the kids. I talked with STBX and she said she would celebrate Thanksgiving with the kids when she gets them on Friday. So no splitting or anything there but we worked it out. On Christmas, she had the kids and we agreed that the kids would come to my house for a few hours to open presents and have dinner with me. Then she picked them up. Haven't had spring break yet but the whole week they are off, my kids with be with STBX. I did not request any time with them. I'm just going with the schedule as it plays out.
Broken Machine
100+ Posts

Re: Alternating weeks and spring break

Unread postby hoosier_dad » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:36 am

Holiday time normally trumps regular parenting time, so you would simply map out the week to week parenting time for the year and then overlay that with Holiday parenting time.

The Indiana Parenting Time Guidelines has a good section on Holiday parenting time for an example. See section F. HOLIDAY PARENTING TIME SCHEDULE:

http://www.in.gov/judiciary/rules/parenting/
hoosier_dad

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum