Any advice for me?

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Any advice for me?

Unread postby massdad1234 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:14 am

OP - LFo2 is a perfect example of taking the long view. You should check his post history to get more of the story, but he grinded it out for 16 months, playing a role the entire time, taking the long view and now he is on equal ground. He can call his own shots with the kids, he isn't behind the 8 ball like he was. He was always their dad, but initially he was the every other weekend access and the mother was hostile towards him getting more time.

But he was patient, he waited, he bid his time and then when it was time, his biggest ally (status quo) paid dividends.

If you spook the mother coming in guns blazing, she will shut you out. Yours is a battle of the heart. You have to restablish a relationship with this woman, because you two are linked for life through the child.

So little bit getting to know her again, little bit spending time with your child, building those bonds.

You're lucky, for the most part, if you do it right and take the long view and put in the work, your child won't even remember you not being in their life.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby gamingdad » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:55 pm

Wait, are you paying CS to two women for two kids? The affair woman you just found out about, and the long term girlfriend that gave birth 2 years ago?
READ YOUR PAPERWORK BEFORE SIGNING! IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, ASK!
gamingdad
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Dad2015 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:16 pm

Yes, I'm paying child support for both.
Dad2015
10+ Posts

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum