Stoned Mom

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Stoned Mom

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:53 pm

"Surprisingly, given the alarming results of cognitive studies, most marijuana-intoxicated drivers show only modest impairments on actual road tests.37, 38 Experienced smokers who drive on a set course show almost no functional impairment under the influence of marijuana, except when it is combined with alcohol"

"Many investigators have suggested that the reason why marijuana does not result in an increased crash rate in laboratory tests despite demonstrable neurophysiologic impairments is that, unlike drivers under the influence of alcohol, who tend to underestimate their degree of impairment, marijuana users tend to overestimate their impairment, and consequently employ compensatory strategies. Cannabis users perceive their driving under the influence as impaired and more cautious,40 and given a dose of 7 mg THC (about a third of a joint), drivers rated themselves as impaired even though their driving performance was not; in contrast, at a BAC 0.04% (slightly less than two “standard drinks” of a can of beer or small 5 oz. glass of wine; half the legal limit in most US states), driving performance was impaired even though drivers rated themselves as unimpaired.41 Binge drinkers are particularly likely to rate themselves as unimpaired, possibly because they tend to become less sedated by high doses of alcohol.42"

"This awareness of impairment has behavioral consequences. Several reviews of driving and simulator studies have concluded that marijuana use by drivers is likely to result in decreased speed and fewer attempts to overtake, as well as increased “following distance”. The opposite is true of alcohol.43 One review of eight driving simulator studies and seven on-road studies44 found that cannabis use was associated with either poor lane control41, 45–48 or slower driving that successfully maintained lane control.49–51 In seven of ten studies cited, cannabis use was associated with a decrease in driving speed despite explicit instructions to maintain a particular speed, whereas under the influence of alcohol, subjects consistently drove faster. Two simulator studies showed that the tendency to overtake was decreased with cannabis use but increased with alcohol.52, 53 One simulator study and two on-road studies examining car-following behavior concluded that cannabis smokers tend to increase the distance between themselves and the car in front of them.41, 45 Other studies have found no adverse effects of marijuana use on sign detection,49 a sudden lane-changing task,43 or the detection of and response to hazardous events.48"
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:55 pm

chasbo - cigarettes are a way bigger threat (3rd hand smoke has been found to be dangerous - clothes, furniture, as 2nd hand smoke because substance is covered with toxins) which is why I suggest vaping.

I appreciate your opinion, and am not advocating putting children at risk, but other than your personal values, the science doesn't seem to align. I appreciate the discourse though.
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Campfire » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:19 pm

Fatheroffour wrote:Speed is OK for fighter pilots but a felony if you want to stay up for the entire James Bond marathon.

The drug laws are truly ridiculous.

Uppers for combat pilots is regulated. They also have experienced the effects while being monitored. Massdad is experimenting on all of us.

As for Massdad reaching for red herrrings such as 3rd hand cigarette smoke, I think it's safe to say that he's "reaching".

Mass, I work in a heavily regulated industry. I'm not sharing privileged information with you but suffice to say, you are out to lunch with your assertion. Nice try with NORML press releases.

Feel free to Cheech and Chong all you want but please don't think driving while impaired by cannabis is the exact same as driving without substance or alcohol use. Caffeine has been proven to increase alertness. I find your "science" lacking.
The List: http://www.dadsdivorce.com/father_divor ... hp?t=13374

The question is how much conflict you can control, negate, or avoid.
Campfire
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:34 pm

Some people drive drunk for decades without getting into accidents.

Because it's so horrifically risky and dangerious.

:roll:
Fatheroffour

Unread postby Campfire » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:51 pm

Fatheroffour wrote:
Some people drive drunk for decades without getting into accidents.

Because it's so horrifically risky and dangerious.

:roll:

Whuh, I drive better drunk. Pffffft... there's a reason that musicians are more accurate while sober.

Campfire
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:10 pm

Who claimed drunks drive better?

The risk is exaggerated. Even those staunchly opposed to impaired driving acknowledge one can do it many thousands times over a span of decades without incident.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby Campfire » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:40 pm

We live in a litigious society. Driving under the influence creates a clear path to hand delivering your present and future wealth to another party if you harm them.

I chose to mitigate liability. Other folks risk tolerance is diffferent than mine. I would thoroughly enjoy suing a party who causes me harm due to negligence. Unfortunately, many folks who engage in this type of behavior are essentially judgement proof due to lack of assets. Can't get blood from a turnip.

I've never read or heard any person staunchly opposed to impaired driving ever acknowledge a person can drive impaired thousands of times without incident. That would be like liberal snowflakes admitting they are bad hombres too. Nevah. Gonna. Happen.

Campfire
2.5K+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:50 pm

do some research on the term snowflake (while growing up a little too 8 ))
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:53 pm

Campfire wrote:
I've never read or heard any person staunchly opposed to impaired driving ever acknowledge a person can drive impaired thousands of times without incident. That would be like liberal snowflakes admitting they are bad hombres too. Nevah. Gonna. Happen.
You should read this thread. Its there.

Attention to detail will definitely improve your post content.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby massdad1234 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:02 am

Camp - it's telling you have to go to old tropes and insults when you can't make a point, time to do some growing. Yet not a single reference provided to support your personal opinion. Why am I not surprised you choose to sue hahahaha.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/02/03/study-third-hand-smoke-exposure-as-deadly-as-smoking/
massdad1234
1K+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum