Medi-Cal Question (California State Health Care)

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Medi-Cal Question (California State Health Care)

Unread postby Snglpop30 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:17 am

Happy Holidays,

History: Father (petitioner), Mother (respondent), Child is shared equally (50/50).

Custody order states: "The mother and father shall have full and equal access to all legal, medical, and educational information regarding the child it is suggested that parents supply their child's school with a copy of this Court order for inclusion in the child's cumulative file at the school."

I asked the mother to add me as a legal representative, or otherwise grant me access, to our child's Medi-Cal case (California State Health Care). She never did. I approached the provider to submit our court order and ask for permission and they said "We can't grant you access without her permission, regardless of the court order".

I approached her a second time, months later, and she replied "They said I can't grant you access, sorry..." I called to confirm her claim and Medi-cal told me "she can grant you access if she signs the release of information document and marks that she wants you to have access to your child's case. We wont give you access to her personal case or any other cases listed under her name, but she can certainly give you access to your child's case".

I approached her again, informed her of this and offered to supply her with the form. Despite me saying what the operator told me verbatim she said "That form will grant you access to all the case numbers under my account and I am not willing to do that". The then said "I will call you after work and discuss this further". She never called and I have been considering presenting this to the judge as a motion for contempt.

My Question: What other angles should I consider to appeal to her to do it without going to court. Also, I don't want to "threaten her with court" and I would like to keep this as civil and reasonable as possible. Judge don't want to mess with this crap, so I want to not present it to the judge if I can go about it otherwise.

Any ideas? Where should my though process be in this to keep as civil as possible without making anyone angry?

All replies are appreciated. Thank You!
Snglpop30
50+ Posts

Re: Medi-Cal Question (California State Health Care)

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:22 am

An angry lawyer letter to the provider - they are not correct to demand the mother’s permission.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Snglpop30 wrote:"They said I can't grant you access, sorry..."
You're talking to a gatekeeper when you should be talking to a supervisor. In this game:

1) You can't fight "city hall."

2) You must never take "NO" for an answer.

Send an R-3 (registered/certified; proof of service) letter to NJ. Follow the BIFF rule: brief, informative, friendly and firm.
If that fails, go to Plan-B - the angry lawyer letter. For your records, you want proof of service in either case.

Q: Do you understand the term, "Gatekeeper??".....who they are and what they do??

Tom
Like football, family court is a game of inches. A John Madden strategy
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Snglpop30 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Angry lawer letter will eventually happen if toms advice yields poor results but I feel hopeful after reading your replies. Will try.

Tom... what is NJ?
Snglpop30
50+ Posts

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:45 pm

Snglpop30 wrote:....what is NJ?
1) On this forum, it refers to your ex - Nut Job.

2) It's also an abbreviation for New Jersey.

Tom
Like football, family court is a game of inches. A John Madden strategy
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby Snglpop30 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:01 pm

Tom Kirkpatrick wrote:

Tom

No joke, my immediate reaction was “what the he’ll isnin New Jersey and how do I find out how to access this unknown resource...” goes to show how much this case has twisted my brain.
Snglpop30
50+ Posts

Unread postby grandet2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:00 am

Snglpop30 wrote:
Tom Kirkpatrick wrote:

Tom

No joke, my immediate reaction was “what the he’ll isnin New Jersey and how do I find out how to access this unknown resource...” goes to show how much this case has twisted my brain.

Brother,

NJ is too nice a term for some of them, and this is coming from someone who was raised by a women.

Back on topic:
You do not need her permission, they have forms you have file to add yourself, just provide them a copy of the court order and tell them to comply. Same goes to doctors offices, just talk in, smile and add yourself, if they don't comply ask for their written policies.
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
100+ Posts

Unread postby Snglpop30 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:12 pm

Grandet2,

I too was raised by ALL women. Mother, grandmothers, aunt... yes I had male influences but overall I was shaped by women which makes me wonder if this is why I have terrible luck in choosing women to start romantic relationships. Terrible luck...

I will go to the county office with your advice and report how it goes soon.
Snglpop30
50+ Posts

Unread postby a dad » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:40 pm

Snglpop30 wrote:what is NJ?
Stick to New Jersey unless you're emotionally unstable and need to vent.

grandet2 wrote:"Re: This Woman is Insane"
Do they make em any other way?
grandet2 wrote:. . . this is coming from someone who was raised by a women.
Maybe because grandet2, aka grandetaco, was raised by an insane person, he thinks his daughter is insane.
a dad

Unread postby Snglpop30 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Update:

I Went down to Medi-Cal, asked for a supervisor. I was told none were available. I was persistent and continued to ask until one finally showed up 30 minutes later.

I told her the issue, presented the court order and asked that it be uploaded into the system to grant me access. She said "I will discuss this with my manager and I will call you in two hours.

I received the phone call and she said "We can not help you".

I said thank you and went about my day.

What next? Angry Letter to my ex? Angry Letter to the agency?
Snglpop30
50+ Posts

Next

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum