The Trial Has Been Continued

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

The Trial Has Been Continued

Unread postby americandadof5 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:04 pm

My case has now suffered yet another delay in its resolution.

My upcoming hearing has been slated because the judge decided to transfer my case to the division that currently holds the open child support case.

This really upsetting and concerning. My case initially started in lets call it Division A. Because the still open child support case is in Division B, the Division A judge transferred it to B. The Division B judge recused himself due to tainted proceedings. The case was reassigned to Division C. The Division C judge has now transferred my case back to Division B because of the the still open child support case which is only under the same judge that recused himself.
Last edited by americandadof5 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Re: Case Delayed

Unread postby Havalu7 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:14 pm

Aw geez dude!

Whose on first?
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby americandadof5 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:17 pm

Havalu7 wrote:Aw geez dude!

Whose on first?

Who fn knows. My lawyer is baffled because this order to transfer occurred last week but only got updated on the docket today. We can only hope to get a motion in front of the judge to take the case back and hope that our spot hasnt been given away

At this rate, I wont have a hearing until June/July which opens the way for mom to even delay or deny summer relief
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Unread postby americandadof5 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:21 pm

What confuses me most is that this judge seemed as if he was up to the task of handling this issue before school ended for S10 as he had me forgo my motion for temporary custody set for March in lieu of the final hearing set for Monday.

The order to transfer claims he reviewed the file and discovered the open support case but if that had been fully true, then he would have seen the previous order of recusal from the same judge that he has just transferred the case to.
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Case Back on Track!!!

Unread postby americandadof5 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:35 pm

So today was beyond stressful but worth I woke up and left messages for both Judges Judicial Assistants and Case Managers. I then contacted a friend i made earlier in this chaos, who works as the case manager for another judge in the same court. She was able to lay things out for both sides and get my judge to reverse his order transferring the case.
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Way to manage your case. My compliments, Sir.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Nice work dude.

Your lucky you were able to do that. In my state another motion would have had to been filed :roll:
I type butter on mah phon
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby americandadof5 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:11 pm

I believe it. I called my lawyer up and updated her and she said that i basically saved myself a grand to prepare motions and litigate the issue of reversal.

On top of that, NJ replied to my modification of support and more importantly my interrogatories. She admits its all while trying to deny it all. It was BEAUTIFUL.
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Unread postby Havalu7 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Sweet!
”No is a complete sentence” Unknown
Havalu7
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Jehr » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:58 am

Well done, Sir! The force appears to be strong with you...
Knowledge is Power - Read The List!
Jehr
Moderator Emeritus

Next

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum