Next step when ex won't respond

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Next step when ex won't respond

Unread postby dire » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:30 pm

Had the R3 all ready to mail today. Thought I'd give a ring one last time before heading to the post office. And in a bizarre turn of events, she answered my call today and we discussed the trip. I approached it the way I had my email, deferring to any concerns she might have first and explaining my ideas for accounting for them. I'll be able to take them on the trip and she'll have them for the entirety of the following week. I will recap in an email to her tonight under the guise of confirming the time I'm picking them up the day we leave. I am, frankly, shocked, relieved, and now more excited about this wonderful trip. Thanks, gents.
dire
10+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:43 pm

Nice. I tended to be a bit of a hopeful optimist during my divorce and while my kids were minors, despite repeated disappointments. When a surprise happens, it's like a breath of fresh air...enjoy while you can. But don't reset expectations for the next time.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby spritom » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:55 pm

Hope for the best, prepare for the not-so-best.
Today sounds like it goes in the positive column.
Good stuff!
New to all this? Read The List
TAC (The Acronym List)
Short-short version of what to do

跟猴子比丟屎
spritom
Moderator Emeritus

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum