FOC want me to calc overnights

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: FOC want me to calc overnights

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:08 am

Ok I see what is going on then.

Overnights haven't been calculated at all by anyone yet. Normally the attorneys do that and if there is no attorneys then FOC normally calculates it based on what the court order states for parenting time. I would just add up your overnights and put that in the paperwork for the calculation.

This is normally a contentious thing because both sides know that the number of overnights makes a HUGE impact on what CS will be. This is why it is normally calculated by the attorneys or FOC according to what the court order says the parenting time is. Otherwise the litigants will be at each others throats and wasting court time squabbling over a few days a year, every year.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby grandet2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:11 am

LOF2, gotcha will do,

I had to create a new a/c as my lappy died yesterday and I can't remember my passwords to any of the autosigned stuff,

grandet2 = grandetaco
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
100+ Posts

Unread postby grandet2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:12 pm

Met with the atty ,

Huston we are at
160 overnights now.

I added the extra days (Thanks Tom) and I had and gave them a worksheet.

I filed the stuff with FOC.

I am sure OC will object to ramp up his bill but hey I get to go in front of the judge again.

I should have thrown in an offer to make father's day an overnight :mrgreen:
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandet2
100+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Expect OC to object, hopefully they won't.

Sucks it's not 162 overnights, CS drops a lot at 162 overnights.

Did you talk to your attorney about the date that will be going on the UCSO?
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby grandet2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:17 am

lovingfatherof2 wrote:Expect OC to object, hopefully they won't.

Sucks it's not 162 overnights, CS drops a lot at 162 overnights.

Did you talk to your attorney about the date that will be going on the UCSO?

I am working on it. After the dust settles and I work on decree mods and in turn add a few additional overnights which is better for the children.

I used the MI online estimator website (not FOC one) and I did not see a huge difference in CS from 162 to 155 even.
Anyway, CS is not my goal here, I achieved my primary objective of setting the tone with the new judge/ref.

I guess I don't understand the entire UCSO deal.
I have the Judge order that CS will be retro to date of filing, I have transcripts, we went over it.

I am depending on the $$$ I am getting back to pay for my plastic surgeries, first on my list is zee butt implants, anything to improve my sexual worth, on my path to become samurai NJ :mrgreen:
grandet2
100+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:37 am

What did the judge mean by "date of filing"? He could have meant the date that the new parenting plan gets signed by him and is filed or when you filed your initial motion to change parenting time. I hope your judge was specific because if we are talking $30K then it would be worth it for OC to find something to argue against it.

That online calculator is total junk, it is far from accurate. When I use it it says I should be paying twice what I am currently paying.

Attorneys and FOC use a program that is only available to them, its court approved and leased to attorneys and FOC. I think its called MarginSoft or that's the company that designed the program, I don't remember. I have a friend that can calculate it by hand. I gave her all the numbers and she wrote it all out on paper and gave it to me and when my lawyer sent me the calculation it was identical. She is amazing with numbers. She is the only person I know that can calculate it by hand and be dead on.
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby grandet2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:57 am

lovingfatherof2 wrote:What did the judge mean by "date of filing"? He could have meant the date that the new parenting plan gets signed by him and is filed or when you filed your initial motion to change parenting time. I hope your judge was specific because if we are talking $30K then it would be worth it for OC to find something to argue against it.

That online calculator is total junk, it is far from accurate. When I use it it says I should be paying twice what I am currently paying.

Attorneys and FOC use a program that is only available to them, its court approved and leased to attorneys and FOC. I think its called MarginSoft or that's the company that designed the program, I don't remember. I have a friend that can calculate it by hand. I gave her all the numbers and she wrote it all out on paper and gave it to me and when my lawyer sent me the calculation it was identical. She is amazing with numbers. She is the only person I know that can calculate it by hand and be dead on.

I filed a separate motion for CS mod, I had it reserved.
I made sure when I filed CS mod any mod that was calc'd by FOC would retro to that date, the ONLY variable was the $$$ amount each month, FOC came back with $CS1 and I remotion'd it be temporarily adopted till parenting time was settled.

At last court date, judge rule that CS will be recalc based on new parenting time and income will be reeval'd and it retros back to original filing date nearly 2 years back.
Nothing in my case is straight forward, yes Sir, $30k is mucho mulas, but I would go back to court even for $1.
grandet2
100+ Posts

Unread postby grandet2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:00 am

lovingfatherof2 wrote:What did the judge mean by "date of filing"? He could have meant the date that the new parenting plan gets signed by him and is filed or when you filed your initial motion to change parenting time. I hope your judge was specific because if we are talking $30K then it would be worth it for OC to find something to argue against it.

It is a equation, I should be able to put it an excel and that one can plug in numbers. Thanks, I did not know that the online calc was garbage.

I looked into Marginsoft, it was like $100 or something close for a year.
Let's see how much of my college math I remember, I am going to take a stab at the CS calc :mrgreen:
grandet2
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum