FOC want me to calc overnights

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

FOC want me to calc overnights

Unread postby grandetaco » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:55 am

First, wtf, I mean can they not read an order?

Ok, that feels better,
I am guessing I can pull any reasonable number out of my chunky < hindquarters > and they will take it.

This is what they did last time, they took my overnight # says O1 and nj's calculated overnight # for me say O2 and then they averaged it.

So, what the fluke should I do, inflate overnights and let them average and then it will go to trial and have attys recalc?
or, Calc overnights and provide worksheet to back it up and threaten OC to settle else we go to trial?
FYI: OC is already on judge's shite list.

i vote for #2 as I keep credibility with both FOC and judge, but I am afraid that they will average it anyway and then court will take FOC's word as gospel.
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandetaco
500+ Posts

Re: FOC want me to calc overnights

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:06 am

The UCSO has the number of overnights on it, that is what FOC uses for the calculation. They cant just take your word for it.
I type butter on mah phon
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby grandetaco » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:35 am

lovingfatherof2 wrote:The UCSO has the number of overnights on it, that is what FOC uses for the calculation. They cant just take your word for it.

There is my frustration and confusion, why the heck do I have to calc overnights? UCSO should be the source of truth.

I am working on my worksheet:
Summer 10 week = 70 nights @ 50% = 45 nights
Winter Break 17 nights @ 50% = 8.5 nights
Additional school breaks 5 @ 50% = 2.5 nights
Spring Break 10 nights @ 50% = 5 nights
Thanksgiving 6 nights @ 50 % = 3 nights

How do I break down the public holidays?
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandetaco
500+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:38 am

What is the number of overnights on the UCSO?

When people don't have attorneys the FOC will calculate the number of overnights by looking at your court order.
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby hopeful dad » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:58 am

grandetaco wrote:Summer 10 week = 70 nights @ 50% = 45 nights

Taco, 50% of 70 is 35 nights
Moving forward with distress behind!
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:00 pm

grandetaco wrote:FOC want me to calc overnights.....wtf, I mean can they not read an order?
The order says one thing. But actual practice may be different.

This is why it's important that, in addition to your journal, you keep a parenting time tracker.

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Unread postby lovingfatherof2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:06 pm

FOC wont calculate overnights by what has been in practice only what is in the court order.

Your attorney should have already gotten your ex's pay information, your pay information and calculated overnights. All of that info goes into the states CS formula. The information that comes out of the formula then goes into the UCSO then the UCSO is sent to both parties and both parties have 21 days to object. If no one objects then FOC takes UCSO and enters it into their system.

If you don't have an attorney then the FOC does it all for you.
lovingfatherof2
1K+ Posts

Unread postby grandetaco » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:49 am

hopeful dad wrote:
grandetaco wrote:Summer 10 week = 70 nights @ 50% = 45 nights

Taco, 50% of 70 is 35 nights

wow, that the heck was I smoking, thanks,
grandetaco
500+ Posts

Unread postby grandetaco » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:54 am

Tom Kirkpatrick wrote:
grandetaco wrote:FOC want me to calc overnights.....wtf, I mean can they not read an order?
The order says one thing. But actual practice may be different.

This is why it's important that, in addition to your journal, you keep a parenting time tracker.

Tom

Ok that makes sense, like the 3 extra overnights I had in the last few months. Yes Sir, I have a log of parenting time.
Thanks,
grandetaco
500+ Posts

Unread postby grandetaco » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:57 am

lovingfatherof2 wrote:FOC wont calculate overnights by what has been in practice only what is in the court order.

Your attorney should have already gotten your ex's pay information, your pay information and calculated overnights. All of that info goes into the states CS formula. The information that comes out of the formula then goes into the UCSO then the UCSO is sent to both parties and both parties have 21 days to object. If no one objects then FOC takes UCSO and enters it into their system.

If you don't have an attorney then the FOC does it all for you.

Here is where everything went to grits,
Judge ordered FOC to recalc support and redo income, FOC sent out forms for all income statements etc to both parties. Order for new parenting time plan not signed by judge yet. I am guessing my atty will prep the ucso but FOC did it last time using average overnights as stated by both parties.
grandetaco
500+ Posts

Next

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum