Is it mom bashing...

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Is it mom bashing...

Unread postby americandadof5 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:15 pm

I know that when going into the court room that it should not be the goal to bash the mom but to instead highlight one's superdadness.

Is it mom bashing though to show that the mom has not only lied to me but also to the court when she perpetrated her misdeeds which has now led to me being without my son for 8+ months now?

In court shes previously been able to spout out one liners with no followup because the hearings have been so short. Now thats its the final hearing with a few hours to dig in, should an effort be put forth to show that she has been lying about the following. In parenthesis ill specify the Best interest factor this could play into

Whether I truly agreed to her keeping s10? (relocation sought in good faith)
His and her whereabouts when she revealed her intentions? (relocation sought in good faith)
Her employment history while in GA (does relocation improve quality of life)
The living arrangements for herself and S10 and other parties (does relocation improve quality of life)
Whether this is about money (relocation sought in good faith).
Her involvement in his educational life (past responsibilities as parents before litigation)

Maybe none of it matters but I have to chip away at the status quo now that mom was able to secure for herself. Give me some insight. 8 days left til trial.
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Re: Is it mom bashing...

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Everyone lies.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby americandadof5 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:30 pm

BartSimpson wrote:Everyone lies.

Yes we do. But how does the court trust that custody should primarily be granted to one parent when every word uttered regarding the child and his well being is a lie? How do you trust that even once a order is given that this same parent will still act in good faith when everything up until now has been done in bad faith.
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:33 pm

You assume there is only one truth, one reality?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby americandadof5 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:52 pm

BartSimpson wrote:You assume there is only one truth, one reality?

[sigh] Maybe its just last minute jitters or the feeling that I nolonger have the power to do whats best for my son anymore, but can the super dad defense beat status quo, Status quo created by force and distance?
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Unread postby americandadof5 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:29 am

I recently spoke to a friend of a friend who had gone through a very near similar situation with his daughter. Mother had pulled the same stunt of taking her to GA. He fortunately was able to regain custody on a temp and then permanent basis.

One thing that has stayed with me was his statement that possession was 9/10 of keeping custody.

To me that sounds like a game of finders keepers but is that remotely true?
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:44 am

What did the GAL recommend?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby americandadof5 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:19 pm

BartSimpson wrote:What did the GAL recommend?

He never had a GAL appointed to his case. His lawyer thinks theyre a waste of money
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum