Threats and threats to violate agreement

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Threats and threats to violate agreement

Unread postby a dad » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:28 am

Your question was already answered by Chaos. Holidays should trump school breaks.

Regardless of how much complaining either of you do, one parent shouldn't get three of the same holidays in a row.
a dad

Unread postby fishdadlb » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:12 am

Oh my god. I know this. And I argued for this point. But this is not what our argreement says because of her! Are you guys trying to gas light me along with her? If I gave this Easter up, what happens next year and the year after if they happen to work out that she gets them due to the spring break schedule? She will take them and argue that that's what the agreement says and she will be right! It's an effed up agreement-because of her demands!!! We both signed it, though, and so should both abide by it.
fishdadlb
New

Unread postby fishdadlb » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:51 am

[quote="a dad"]Your question was already answered by Chaos. Holidays should trump school breaks.

Regardless of how much complaining either of you do, one parent shouldn't get three of the same holidays in a row.[/
I don't disagree, but she messed with the spring break schedule so much (splitting it between us instead of alternating every other year as I wanted) that the lawyers came up with this solution and she agreed. We even discussed that this could be the outcome (that one parent would get Easter three years in a row), and she - at the time- preferred that to having us do it my way (alternating spring breaks with Easter cutting in as it may). I wish we had recorded these sessions. But the outcome is a signed agreement. To AVOID drama. And yet...
fishdadlb
New

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum