(Tx) My Son's Mother Wants To Move Him To London

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

(Tx) My Son's Mother Wants To Move Him To London

Unread postby Texasaggs12thman » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:21 am

S6 Texas. Joint Legal with 60/40ish. Current geographic restriction to Harris County.

I live within 2 miles of their home/his school, pick him up from school, coach his sports teams, involved in his school work. No drug or alcohol issues.

The Step Dad sat me down yesterday and told me he will be accepting a job in London for the next two years planning on taking my son with them. The job starts next month and they to bring him over in August. He wants to work out a deal outside of court but said he is willing to go to court. He gave me a schedule offering to fly him back during school breaks and said "I will probably give you more time than the judges". He also said "you could go for custody but I doubt they take him from his mother". He told me to think about it. We are supposed to meet next week sometime. I am going to say no but they do not know that yet. They have already told my son he is moving to London.

What are their chances of getting a temp order lifting the Geo restriction? If they don't get that I am guessing they file an order to modify the contract. What is the time frame of that? I know custody battles can take 12-18 months which would be most of his assignment. Last go around they didn't have the best legal advice, that might be the case now too. I have a meeting with my lawyer Monday, any questions I should have ready for him?

Thank you!
Texasaggs12thman
10+ Posts

Re: (Tx) My Son's Mother Wants To Move Him To London

Unread postby hopeful dad » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:49 am

Do you have an attorney? You need to fight this move away.. There is no concept such as step dad. I don't know why you are entertaining him. As far as courts are concerned he is a legal stranger to your kid -same as some random dude on the street. That's his real place. Ask him to bugger off.
Moving forward with distress behind!
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:49 am

The chances of him moving to London with your level of involvement are pretty slim. As for a temp order letting her take the child to another continent? Lol no. Call their bluff. < edited > that guy. While you're in court anyway, get a no third party interference clause.

You really should have an attorney for this, but regardless, you must fight the relocation.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Texasaggs12thman » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:01 am

I do have an attorney and we are meeting soon to go over options.
Texasaggs12thman
10+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:10 am

Then you're in a very good place right now. She can move, but the child stays with you.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
1K+ Posts

Unread postby TOC » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:42 am

Hell no.

My son is four and a half and I can't even imagine him being a continent away. Seriously EFF that guy for trying to put in his two cents, especially saying that he personally will give you more time. He's nobody.

You need your attorney to intervene immediately. There is no reason this should be allowed if you are as involved as you say.

As others on here have said, offer your ex the same "deal" this POS just offered you but in reverse and sit back and wait for the "that's not fair" < bovine scat >.
TOC
100+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:46 am

Who is holding the childs passport?
Fatheroffour

Unread postby Texasaggs12thman » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:36 am

She has his passport.
Texasaggs12thman
10+ Posts

Unread postby steelmark » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:39 am

Texasaggs12thman wrote:The Step Dad sat me down yesterday and told me he will be accepting a job in London for the next two years planning on taking my son with them.

The entitlement of that guy is laughable. Um, hell no.

You need at stay on top of this and secure a temporary order keeping your son in his current school district while the matter is being decided.

This could very easily drag out for a year + eating most of this London time anyway.

There is a very real chance they take him anyway....you're going to stay ahead of this thing to prevent that.
Prepare and execute to win by a thousand miles, just to be in position to win by an inch.
steelmark
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Tom Kirkpatrick » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:50 am

Texasaggs12thman wrote:Current geographic restriction to Harris County.
No worries, Bro. You've got this locked in. This is what geographic restriction is all about. Well done!!

Texasaggs12thman wrote:The Step Dad sat me down yesterday and told me.....

Translation = Step Dad told me how it's gonna be!! "Yeah, like hell!!"

Step Dad isn't a party in this matter. Tell him to butt out!!

Texasaggs12thman wrote:What are their chances of getting a temp order lifting the Geo restriction?
Unless you settle differently, this ain't gonna happen. NJ and Mr W can move where they please. But S6 stays with you. All you hafta do is stick to your guns.

Texasaggs12thman wrote:She has his passport.
S6's passport nassport needs to be surrendered to the court.

Texasaggs12thman wrote:I know custody battles can take 12-18 months.....
Once she's gone and S6 is in your care and control, file for custody reversal. With NJ out of the country, this shouldn't take long.

BTW - The Mr W effect is working to your benefit. All you hafta do is leverage it to your advantage.

Texasaggs12thman wrote:If they don't get that I am guessing they file an order to modify the contract.....
And in response, you file an Answer and Counterclaim. To maintain status quo and keep S6 in Harris County, you should also file an Injunction.

Tom
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. - Maxine™
Tom Kirkpatrick
5K+ Posts

Next

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum