Reserved court date

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Reserved court date

Unread postby BartSimpson » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Just go to Court and ask for a continuance to seek counsel on the day of the hearing.

Don't ask OC in advance, because that's what lawyer's do, and you are a layman.

After you hire an attorney, your attorney can ask OC for the next delay.

Keep your mouth shut, don't discuss anything but the continuance - no reason no nothin'
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby quantum » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:13 pm

I also have a case management conference 20 days after the custody mod hearing.

While I am there should I be also asking for continuance of CMC as well? If not there is a possibility that OC may ask for a trial date on the day as we are done with pre trial.
Moving forward with distress behind!
quantum
1K+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Please stop parsing this to a molecular level.

You are a layman, not an attorney. Do nothing but ask for a continuance to seek a new attorney - no other request or action is necessary until you have counsel, regardless of any deadline. Ignore anything else for now, just ask for a continuance.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby quantum » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:27 am

I am working on the strategy laid out here. Goal is to achieve sufficient delay.

Thinking ahead, when I begin to address this, what should be my strategy? I want to be prepared with an optimal counter declaration cutting everything unnecessary so that when the time comes to address this, I make use of the new lawyer's time and my resources efficiently. I feel its better to have my declarations ready now than later.

This is what my outgoing attorney wanted me to do. It would help to know, out of this what is actually required. Is any of it required at all?

Get me a list (I know we have discussed this before but want it current) of all the reasons why you want her to stay at current school(or at least any new reasons, I have the previous information). Also, let me know of any school related activities you have participated in, since she is accusing you of not being involved. If you think the school would write a letter as to how she is doing there (developing, growing, activities she participates in) then that would be great as well. Her request for sole legal is not reasonable, but people fight about which school all the time - we want to lay out your position clearly so the court/mediator can see why you don't want this change.

What my outgoing atty was requesting is an overwhelming exercise. Now, I don't want to overwhelm/burden the new attorney that I will be hiring with all the information. I just want to provide him just what is enough to address this (this will be after addressing with motion to dismiss). It will also help me in screening the attorney. Also, I do not want to stress the providers at the childcare out yet, because it would be premature especially if the information from them is not needed at all. At the same time, I do not want to burn myself out chasing everything.

So, Where do I start? (along with looking for a new attorney)
Last edited by quantum on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
quantum
1K+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:42 am

Start by not calling child care "school".
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby quantum » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:49 am

Made the correction above. I have been careful and avoided the term but thanks to my outgoing atty and ex it is all over the place now inspite of warning my attorney 2 motions ago.
quantum
1K+ Posts

Unread postby quantum » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:39 am

Seem like people fight about the school (Private vs public) all the time. Would the motion to dismiss this action be accepted by the court? I want to know what would go in my pleading for motion to dismiss to steer my prospective attorney in that direction
quantum
1K+ Posts

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum