School

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

School

Unread postby hopeful dad » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:04 pm

D will go to KG, next year. Ex and I live 15 min(5-6 miles) apart. I am pretty sure this will be no longer with the remarriage. As it stands now, we both come under one unified schooling district which has around 40 schools. Most of the schools are overloaded including the elementary school near to mine and the elementary school near to her. The unified school take the child's address and allocate to the nearest school (driven by map they use), if the school is overloaded, it allocates to the next nearest school.

I want my address to drive the daughter's school allocation

If my address is used, Daughter will be allocated to school A which has a decent rating (lets say 9). If she doesn't get in, the next school will be B (10 score). The chances of her landing at B is dim as it is super overloaded. The next will be C which is between A & B in terms of rating (lets say 9.5) where Daughter is likely going to get. This is based on this year trend which is likely to continue in the next year

If ex address is used, Daughter will will be allocated to school D (rating 8). If she doesn't get, the next choice is B, which is common for both our address, she is unlikely to get there. If she doesn't get there what her next allocation is, but regardless will likely add to my commute trauma.

I understand the ratings do not matter to court. It doesn't matter to me either. I am definitely not asking you if I can make a case based on the school rating. I just mentioned the above facts in case if matters during negotiations with ex. Apparently she wants the kid to be in better school. But remarriage changes all and at this point I don't know she will settle

My work commute is 1 hour to 1.15 hr. She works locally and can afford to drive a longer distance to drop and pick up the kid. I have my back issues and commute is taking a toll and I cannot afford my commute to be any longer.

Now, I do not know what are moves are. I don't know where her new captain works, my guess is in the valley. She will be thinking to move in with him. That prospect is already giving me shivers. We do not have geographical restrictions yet

There are lot of unknowns. I dont care where ex settles down. But I am not willing to travel more than 15/20 min to pick and drop the child. Since the pick ups and drop off are school, I want my address to drive the school.

My lawyer told me to start having the dialogue with her beginning this year so that there is ample time to resolve if there is disagreement. But if I propose her what I want, she will obviously want to do the opposite. Her ultimate goal is to strip me out of my daughter and make Mr Wonderful her new dad

So here I am discussing this with you to begin my move. This battle means a lot to me and I am looking up-to you guys for the strategy.
Moving forward with distress behind!
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Re: School

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:06 pm

How do you know that the mother's remarriage will result in a move-away?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby hopeful dad » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:30 pm

I don't know if there will be 'away' involved. But definitely there will be a 'move' as a result of remarriage. It's a step by step working towards goal. Ex always wanted to own a home. I am sure with new captain techie, she may have arranged to marry to, can afford to move to a better place convenient and affordable than the tiny apartment she is living now opp to D's preschool. I don't think captain is living with her based on what Daughter say. I was married to this stupid for seven years. I know she wants everything to happen like yesterday. The emails this past weekend is to remind me how she is inching close to what she had said to me when our marital dispute started

As I said, I don't care where she moves, I want to make sure there is no disruption to my daughter and me. I want to make sure she goes to a school near by where my parenting is not affected.

Also, I have to be in a dialogue with her soon regarding this subject because the application process starts at end of the year and I need ample time to settle if there is disagreement. My attorney had told me to start discussing with her about the school beginning this year.
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Unread postby hopeful dad » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:13 am

Regardless of NJ's remarriage, I was supposed to discuss D's school in January itself.

Looking for a help in writing BIFF message, the response from her indicate what her plans are as well
hopeful dad
1K+ Posts

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum