Determining Child Support ASAP

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Determining Child Support ASAP

Unread postby astrolink » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Many states have a specific percentage declared for a modification of child support to occur. PA states ANY change can trigger a modification.
“There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why? I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?”
astrolink
500+ Posts

Unread postby RockyCali » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:10 pm

americandadof5 wrote:Ok so here how it should go under the basic income shares model.

Parent A, makes 3000 a month
Parent B, makes 2000 a month

Thats total income of $5000 a month. Parent A's portion is 66% and Parent B is 34%.

Whoever has the children more, if not a 50/50 split usually becomes the obligee unless theres a huge gap in pay. Lets say Parent A is the obliger, and Parent B is the obligee.
So of that 5000 a month, $1369 gets allocated to support for two children. Of that $1369, Parent A must contribute $904 monthly to Parent B. Parent B technically is responsible for the remaining portion but is presumed to do so thru direct support to the children.

Once again, this is a basic model. This does not take into consideration, credits that are available to paying parents. Credits usually include those for substantial time sharing, in PA, its 40% or more. Theres also credits for insurance premiums paid for yourself and children if it reduces your income by a certain percentage (in FL it has to be more than 5% or at the least $50 a month). Tax credits can also be built into it but the wording must be fine tuned.

That may be an actual model, but that's seems really excessive to me. In my case, I have about 30% time and $6400 vs her $2000 imputed income and it's $1000 a month. Spousal for me is $300/mo.
RockyCali
100+ Posts

Unread postby americandadof5 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:24 pm

americandadof5
100+ Posts

Unread postby RockyCali » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:59 pm

I totally believe you. Just crazy how different those formulas are.
RockyCali
100+ Posts

Unread postby changeofplans » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:58 am

You're in PA? Nobody can file for child support until you are in separate residences (or at least that was the case several years ago as advised by my lawyer/domestic relations). DR requires last several pay stubs for the child support calculation. Child support is retroactive to filing. Whatever you are paying now will have no effect on what you are ordered, which will be based on your income and her income and the calculator, which you can find online.
changeofplans
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum