Child Support Reevaluation: How screwed is this guy?

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Child Support Reevaluation: How screwed is this guy?

Unread postby workdog3 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:52 am

My girlfriend divorced from her ex six years ago who at the time wasn't making very much money. Child support was calculated to be $600 total for their two daughters. He's since remarried to a successful woman and now his household income is north of $160K. My girlfriend has full custody and they all live in her parents house. She only makes $12,000/year but just finished her AA so perhaps she'll get a job making $25K or so.

I suggested she file to have child support reevaluated based on his newer financial circumstance (he got remarried 5 years ago). If it's concluded that he should be paying more child support, is that something that can be awarded retroactively (Florida)?
workdog3
10+ Posts

Re: Child Support Reevaluation: How screwed is this guy?

Unread postby CentralORdad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:00 am

workdog3 wrote:My girlfriend divorced from her ex six years ago who at the time wasn't making very much money. Child support was calculated to be $600 total for their two daughters. He's since remarried to a successful woman and now his household income is north of $160K. My girlfriend has full custody and they all live in her parents house. She only makes $12,000/year but just finished her AA so perhaps she'll get a job making $25K or so.

I suggested she file to have child support reevaluated based on his newer financial circumstance (he got remarried 5 years ago). If it's concluded that he should be paying more child support, is that something that can be awarded retroactively (Florida)?

For one, you are a legal stranger to this and need to stay out of it. And second, as far as I know... spouses income doesnt matter in child support calculations. And a big no to retroactive.

And WTF dude? You just posted about YOUR OWN PENDING DIVORCE here. Now you are posting about helping your girlfriend and asking the people here that are trying to help you and other fathers and you want to rake another guy over the coals.

You are not even divorced yourself it looks like and meddling in cupcake business?
Last edited by CentralORdad on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
CentralORdad
10+ Posts

Unread postby afc » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:04 am

I recommend your girlfriend do what her ex did and marry someone who boosts the household income significantly.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:06 am

It's understandable you don't know the room, because you are new, but we don't entertain questions from third-parties and we really shouldn't plot against another father. When you mention the "sole" custody (whatever that means), a mother living from the benefits of friends and family, it doesn't bode well for your Cupcake's image here.

For all you know, your Cupcake's ex is a member here.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby afc » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:09 am

You have a very young son whose parents are going through a divorce who also requires special medical care and you are stuffing your face with cupcake AND that cupcake has rugrats of her own?

Get your head out of her butt and get it focused back on your divorce and son.
afc
5K+ Posts

Unread postby grandetaco » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:35 am

Old Chinese tale from the days for Confucius:

There were 2 main grain retailers in this small town, young lad with the name AR Li worked for one of them.
Young lad thought he could make more money by working for the competition, one day AR Li took off work early and entered the rival store and introduced himself, I am LI,AR. I want to work for you master.

The owner of the rival store said, I know who you are Li,AR. How do I know you will be loyal to me?
To which Li said I will do anything to prove that I am loyal to you, you can test me.

The master said, go and steal a sack of premium rice and couple of iphones from your master for me.
Li promptly left and came back in a few hours with a bushel of rice and 2 iphones 7 pluses.

Li exclaimed, see master I am loyal to you, you can trust me. I even stole the gold iphone 7s for you.

The master said, I am very impressed but I cannot hire you Mr Li,AR.

But, but, master I stole for you, what the flip do you mean you won't hire me - shouted Li.

That is the very reason I won't hire you, if you are able to steal from your master, only Donald Trump knows what kinda crimes you will commit against me for someone else.

Moral of the Story: The questions is not how screwed is this guy, but you should be asking, how screwed are you (or going to be) my brother.
“A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband, while a man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.”
grandetaco
500+ Posts

Unread postby workdog3 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:57 am

BartSimpson wrote:It's understandable you don't know the room, because you are new, but we don't entertain questions from third-parties and we really shouldn't plot against another father. When you mention the "sole" custody (whatever that means), a mother living from the benefits of friends and family, it doesn't bode well for your Cupcake's image here.

For all you know, your Cupcake's ex is a member here.

I appreciate the mulligan. I won't bring her issues here again. Apologies.
workdog3
10+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:18 pm

WTF are you doing with a gf when you're not even divorced yet?

No mulligans for stupid < feces > like this.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:19 pm

On the one hand, self imposed problems are the worst kind. They're completely avoidable and totally unnecessary.

On the other hand, you're in a great position to alleviate them.

-----------------------

Two people coming to terms that they just are not right for each other and need to go their separate ways is the core issue of divorce. When one or both of the parties introduce a third party into the situation before the negotiations are settled all sorts of very ugly and very human behaviors rear their viscous heads.

You should really be smarter about this.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby astrolink » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:55 pm

No, his household income won't be used. No, it won't be retroactive.

Now get the < edited > out of here.

Are you nuts? Setting yourself up to be her next victim?
“There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why? I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?”
astrolink
500+ Posts

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum