Preparing children for Sleeping at both households

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Preparing children for Sleeping at both households

Unread postby Chaos » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:29 am

Next time stay home. Act like you don't have another place to be. Stay with your children in your home.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
1K+ Posts

Unread postby 2Dadwipp » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:41 am

Even if she does have another man, that isn't my concern and from what others say on this forum if she does, she will probably get distracted and let her guard down. At this point, she has no idea just how prepared I am getting for a trial.

Eventually I have to move into my other home, I have a mortgage there. The ex has told me that she is moving out and she continues to tell me this. I won't move out before her and I will stay at current home as long as it takes. Her DC trip was legit, the girls were with her and I saw pictures.

Everything went smoothly when I returned home with the girls and when she arrived not much was said. She greeted the children and ignored me for the most part.

The conciliation hearing is Wednesday. I'm coming hard with 50/50 with a shared parenting plan accepting nothing less and my lawyer assures me if they don't take it, we are going to litigate. She is not afraid to and has made that clear to me all along that she will litigate when necessary.

Any last minute advise is welcome otherwise, I will keep everyone posted.
2Dadwipp
50+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:44 am

When does your lawyer plan to depose the mother?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Chaos » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:59 am

What schedule are you proposing?
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
1K+ Posts

Unread postby 2Dadwipp » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Definitely still have a lot to learn from the gentlemen on this form. My lawyer has not told me when she is going to depose her. Should this be a cause for concern?

I am looking at a 2/2/3 schedule. I am open to any suggestions with regards to specific days with her as long as its 50/50 or something very close.
2Dadwipp
50+ Posts

Unread postby americandadof5 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:53 pm

2Dadwipp wrote:Definitely still have a lot to learn from the gentlemen on this form. My lawyer has not told me when she is going to depose her. Should this be a cause for concern?

I am looking at a 2/2/3 schedule. I am open to any suggestions with regards to specific days with her as long as its 50/50 or something very close.

im not sure i saw you mention a deposition before, so your lawyer may have no intention to on her own. its a key aspect of discovery, so i would definitely discuss it.

My lawyer didnt consider it until i did because she knows im concerned about keeping costs down
americandadof5
100+ Posts

Unread postby 2Dadwipp » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:58 pm

She hasn't mentioned it. I'll bring it up. What happens at said deposition between my lawyer and ex?
2Dadwipp
50+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:17 pm

You get the mother's story on record.

She answers questions regarding her intent on the parenting plan, why you shouldn't be involved and what's wrong with 50/50. She explains her position so you know what to expect in trial - she also is stuck with that position in trial since to change her statements could impeach her testimony.

Oh, and you might ask her about the boyfriend.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby Chaos » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:28 pm

A 2/2/3 is good for now. I would suggest an automatic schedule adjustment to 2/2/5 when the youngest reaches a certain age, like 5 or 6. It makes it easier to have set days of the week. Don't make it a hill to die on, but something to consider. Your kids are young now. Having a parenting plan that grows with them will reduce the need to go back to court in the future.
Chaos
1K+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:35 pm

Sounds like your lawyer is starting to set you up for the fall. She will depose when you instruct her to depose. She is your employee that you have contracted with, don't sit around and wait for her to figure something out, direct her! Of course nothing was said as why would she want to tell you about the dude she probably just banged out.

The point we are making is you are making the mistake of thinking this is the same person you met and had children with. She is no longer that person and no longer of your concern. Not only that, stop giving a rip what she thinks and cares about, that is no longer you concern. My STBX about once a week starts railing on about how she needs money blah blah blah, then she goes out drinking or buy's smokes! You need to understand that more than likely, she is lying to you from here on out unless you see it with your own two eyes.

something close to 50/50 isn't 50/50. You need to stop thinking what you thinking your ex will accept and start pushing what YOU want. This is the time to be self centered with the children's best interest at heart.

Oh, and from here on out, if she wants to bang out some dude, she needs to foot the bill for that, no more kicking you out of the family home and frame it as spending time with the kids. When are you ditching that other place? Depending on your ex, your June time frame is going to get blown out of the water. You are setting up status quo that you are paying for her place along with your place, is that what you want to do? Pick a place and get rid of the other one.
massdad1234
100+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum