Preparing children for Sleeping at both households

Parental Alienation, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Preparing children for Sleeping at both households

Unread postby 2Dadwipp » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:54 am

A little sarcasm with being able to change the ex's thinking. Definitely think a pet is a good start.
2Dadwipp
50+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:00 am

Thanks for starting the new thread. It's interesting.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Bubbles - having a bottle at the exchange wins.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby jumanji » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:27 am

Please do not get a puppy unless you are actually 110% certain you want one and have the time to devote to care, training, etc. and not because you want to be the nice Daddy or it will infuriate Mommy. If you must get a pet, bunny's good, so is a cat/kitten. Much better start, IMO.
jumanji
500+ Posts

Unread postby 2Dadwipp » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:23 am

Drastic and unexpected turn of events comes from out of the blue.

My ex approached me last night telling me she wanted to go spent the night with a friend.(One I know) She told me she would be home in the morning. She asked me to stay with the girls and suggested that I take them to my house.(The one I lived at before coming back into the home) She tells me that she has been encouraging this all along but my oldest kept telling her she didn't want to. Stating it might be good to try this to see how the girls react. Since this is completely contrary to everything she has said in the past, I am very skeptical but I agree.

Ex leaves and I inform my oldest that we will be spending the night at daddy's new house. Although she was initially hesitant she agrees and off we go. I have the whole evening planned, taking my girls first to the supermarket to pick up items for baking cupcakes. When we arrive they immediately settle in just fine. I spent the night doing anything and everything with them to keep it fun and keep them engaged. We listened to music, danced, and played the things they wanted to. My toddler is attached to me at the hip the whole night. Following me around, being very affectionate and enjoying herself in every way. My oldest and I baked cupcakes and stayed up way too late. She wouldn't sleep In her bed and wanted to sleep in bed with me so I let her. Once she feel asleep I left the room because I am too excited to sleep.

They are both currently sound asleep and I am awake feeling an overwhelming sense of joy that I have not felt since long before the separation. When they wake up, I'll feed them breakfast and return with them to the family home.

I can't stop thinking about why my ex would have offered this and what possible motives or angels she has in doing this. I can't think of a rational reason my irrational ex would offer this to me but I am sure to find out.

I am comforted knowing that these girls will be just fine sleeping at my residence when things are all said and done. The real battle still lies in gaining those overnights at a 50/50 mix. She gave me one, but getting her to give me more is why I am preparing for a trial.
2Dadwipp
50+ Posts

Unread postby Me_and_my_boys » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:48 am

You guys are finding your rhythm. Good job.

STBX's behavior
2Dadwipp wrote:I can't stop thinking about why my ex would have offered this and what possible motives or angels she has in doing this. I can't think of a rational reason my irrational ex would offer this to me but I am sure to find out.

His name is Mr. Wonderful.
Me_and_my_boys
100+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:19 am

Yup, mommy has a boyfriend.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby 2Dadwipp » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:59 am

I honestly don't think she does. But if she did, I imagine that would serve to benefit me some how. I.cant say that I wouldn't be upset still but in a much better position to handle it now.
2Dadwipp
50+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:02 am

Why did you leave the marital home with the children? Why didn't you just stay there and do everything you did?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:53 am

You really think the same person who has lied to you under the pretense of best interest of the children to get you to fall on your sword wouldn't lie about banging some other dude? Wake up. You need to spend time with the children at the family home, not the other place. You are paying for her stabbin cabin!! You need to bite the bullet and drop that other place, it will cost you I'm the long run. You are still giving her rent free space in her head. You need to understand she has long moved on from you.

My soon to be ex is banging some (multiple?) other dude. No way am I going to get another place so she can bang them out here in the family home..... It doesn't bother me in the slightest because she has her eye off the ball. She probably lied to you about the friend in DC and lying to you about this one! My STBX has made up all kinds of lies, I document and store in the event it needs to be called on later.

Are you ready to get your hands dirty?
massdad1234
500+ Posts

Unread postby massdad1234 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:56 am

Also, the inmates don't run the asylum, your kids don't dictate living arrangements, the more weight you give it, the more they will press.

You also need to stop acting like your STBX is in full control of YOUR children.
massdad1234
500+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum